Harddisk Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
My friend gave me one harddisk for installation
I pluged that into my PC, (i.e. PIII, 256MB RAM )
& Repartitioned & reformated it & Instal WinXp_SP2 & other basic software
HDD was running very fine in my PC
Now when i gave him that HDD it was not running in his PC
I tried to plug & run in 3 other PC (PIII, Celeron & PIV) but it did run
When i plug it, it shows option Safe Mode, Starts Windows Normally & other options
but after i select something it just hold for 5-6 sec & shows blue screen error
" x9c9028xz hardware fault " something like that
& PC restarts
even if i select safe mode it load some file (like normaly hdd do in starting in safe mode)
& again shows same blue screen & PC restarts
I tried evey possible way, like changing PC, changing Jumper, changing options from bios but failed to start
Now i took back HDD in my home
& strange its running its running fine here at my home
Pls help what to do..................
Can u tell me some idea abt that blue screen

In my friends PC i attached one other HDD (to know wheter that PC has any hardware fault or not, but with that HDD it was running)

Pls help.................

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hey satyamy AFAIK n m almost sure u cant use a hdd installed with windows on some pc on some other pc. SO i dont think its possible n it works on ur PC coz its the same pc on whch u installed it.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
so according to u, i must attached HDD in my friends PC n than install windows in it.

Can i do in this ways
first plug HDD in his PC, n than just boot with WinXp CD & do a WinXP repair Wizard so that i dont have to reinstall every programes

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Connecting it to that PC n installing Win on it would be the best n easiest method btw i havent tried this second method, bt yes if u have time then do try this n inform me if u were abl to this successfully. :)

DukeNukem

Come get Some
wat u are trying to do is not possible in win XP (it works in win98Se for me after that i didnt trie on other os's)

best you can do is to start the installation from your friends hdd itself on your pc (after coping the installation files, then making it the only hdd in your pc).
when all files are copied (from the dos kinda blue screen) and it asks for reboot. reboot and shut down.
take id and plug this hdd to the friend's of your and from there resume the installation. this will do what u r tring to do.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
@ashu_dps @DukeNukem
Thanks

I frist tried to do a WinXP Repair, but it was waste
so i reformatted Drive C: & reinstall WinXP & all the softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom