Hard Drive Not Initialised

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
hi
i have 40 gb internal drive that i use to transfer data within two pcs.One of my PC is new an AMD 4200+ with Asus A8N motherboard and the second one is an old celeron based system.However from the past 15 days am experiencing a strange problem.the older pc doent show the second drive that i connect through IDE cable internally.It displays the drive as a 8gb drive that is "Not Initialized" in the computer management.if i click initialize it gives an error that the task is not completed and all the dat on the disk is also lost.Although the drive works on the newer pc perfectly.
What shud i do to make the drive work on the older pc without losing the data on it.
thanx

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
To cause Windows to attempt to reinitialize the protected-mode IDE driver: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\IOS
3. In the right pane, right-click the NOIDE value, and then click Delete.
4. Quit Registry Editor.

SOURCE:*support.microsoft.com/kb/151911

READ THIS PROPERLY

OP
C

capri435

Broken In
there was no such key in my registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\IOS

in services there was no Vxd key

one thing more i restarted my pc in the morning and everything worked fine but after another reastart the drive is again gone with Not initialised in computer management.So i gusess i shouldnt be initialising the drive as the problem lies somewhere else but have no clue what it is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom