hard drive capacity of ipod classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Just now I bought a ipod classic 80GB from a shop. When I coonect the ipod to the PC, the itune is showing the capacity as 74.31 GB. Where has the rest of the GB gone? Moreover after copying mp3 files, I couldn't find a single mp3 file while browsing through the windows explorer. How come? Moreover the speed of copying from the PC to the ipod through itune is something fantastic. Is there any special technique involved here? While we copy anything to our USB pen, it takes much more time. The USB port is the same. Can somebody throw some light on all these?

din

Tribal Boy
80 000 000 000 (bytes) / 2^30 (bytes/GB) = 74.51 GB (rounded to the second decimal)

More at -

Actual Size 80GB iPod

and

I got an 80gb ipod- why do i only get 74 gb?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You won't see music, images and videos transferred from iTunes in Windows Explorer. Thats probably to prevent you from copying the data back to another pc. Moreover if you copy any music, image or video using Windows Explorer, you won't see them in the iPod. Only content transferred via iTunes is recognized by iPod. However you can use your iPod as an external HDD when in mass storage mode. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Also, you're right about the transfer speeds. I've noted this too and one of my friends, it might have been goobimama, called me up a couple of days ago and told me that files were being copied to his iPhone by iTunes at fantastic speeds.

So yeah, it appears to be true. I've no clue how though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom