Hard disk NTFS-RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

upendra_gp

In the zone
I have 2 HD's 40 GB's each.Yesterday when i started the computer i copied some data from D: - E:[I have 4 partsC,D,E,F]But after that i was unable to view E:\ contents. In My Computer when i tried to Double Click on it says that E:\ is not accesible.Acces is denied .When i checked its properties it shows RAW file System.Which is NTFS!Pleasse help me immediate Solution required.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
A raw partition is a partition on your hard disk that is not formatted and that does not have a drive letter assigned to it.

Try this
1.Click Start, and then click Run.
2.In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
3.At the command prompt, type MountVol /E, and then press ENTER.

After you follow these steps, the following registry key is changed from the default setting of 1 to a setting of 0:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MountMgr\NoAutoMount

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
Hey Navjot your trick didn't work.There is no key regarding to this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MountMgr\NoAutoMount

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
If the partition is gone then the best way to recover it is using linux (any live cd will do) run fdisk and in the raw area make a ntfs / fat partition as the case may be write the changes to the disk and reboot in windows.
This happened to me a few times I lost antfs partition but got it back with full data using the above tecnique.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Just reformat the partition using any file system(do it using fdisk as pradeep_chauhan said) beacuse RAW refers to a new unused partition.

kiran_k

Broken In
hey hey hey..
dont do any reformat etc, since the error is "access denied".
go to drive properties, check in security tab if your user name is given read, write permissions, if not give it permissions,

if this dosent work take a good antivirus and give a full system scan. and do a through "chkdsk" for that drive.

if nothing works use PC inspector and recover lost files and then reformat the drive.

This generally happens if your administrator denies u the permission to access the drive,

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
Your trick didn't work i tried it but there is no tab in E:\'s Properties named SECURITY!!! Please help me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: plzz
I have edited my post may be yu got my ID

kiran_k

Broken In
You need to login as system administrator to view security settings, any other account it is not possible.

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
i only have one account on my PC which is administrator account.Please tell me how to recover using linux[the procedure step by step] :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom