Hard disk busy even after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

elumalai

Broken In
hai friends,

I have a system with Celeron 850, 128 MB RAM, Mercury motherboard and windows XP Pro.
My cabinet is AT cabinet (manual switch off).

The problem is whenever I shut down, the message "You can safely turnoff" comes and monitor goes off. But the hard disk busy light is glowing.

How to overcome this problem. Plsss help.

ganesh8

Broken In
Win XP is saving settings. Since you have a AT board, you should wait for the hard disk activity to get over before pressing the Power off switch

ice

In the zone
Win XP wil NOt be saving settings after it shows the "its safe to turn ur pc off thing"

Its prolly the led, do u notice it runnin all the time?
Like when u leave ur pc idle?

Btw what File System are u using, hope its ntfs, handles powercuts better :)

OP
E

elumalai

Broken In
haai ice

four partitions c: FAT windows me
D: ntfs xp

This problem occurs after I connected the CD writer bought from Digit.

There are two slots on the motherboard,

for one, I connected the two cd drives.
the next, for hard disk.

And yes, no scan disk runs when I again switch on, but when I manually scan, it has developed 65 KB of bad sectors

Somebody pls help

ice

In the zone
And yes, no scan disk runs when I again switch on, but when I manually scan, it has developed 65 KB of bad sectors.

On the FAT32 partition i presume? try Disconnecting the writer. Oh btw, does the led run always, like when ur in windows and not doing anything.

Oh and the shutdown in ME is normal./fine?

wORm

Journeyman
If your LED doesn't blink and just stays lit all the time, then the connector on the motherboard is connected backwards.

G

gxsaurav

seems that U need to upgrade your powr supply & to a ATX motherboard

swatkat

Technomancer
I have Win98 in C: and WinXP in E:.Similar problem exists in Win98 while shutting down (LED stays ON) but XP is working fine.What may be the problem?
I have 20GB HDD,Mercury KOB810 DSMT mobo,192 MB SDRam,P3 856 MHz,1 CD Reader and one Combo Drive.

OP
E

elumalai

Broken In
hai

The LED is not glowing, when the system is idle. And works normally.

The problem occurs only after shutdown. I think Mercury motherboard only contains such a problem.

Pls help somebody, it has already developed 65 KB of bad sectors.

Should I change the cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom