Hard Disk Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

asim13june

Broken In
hey Asim her again, this time the prob is with ma friens harddisk, 2 days its back when he was starting his pc it said " Invalid Disk ". well i found that the prob the prob was with data cable, i changed the data cable and booted it with a bootable cd, and then made a fresh installation, but the instalation took 3.5 hrs, and when i installed graphic and sound drivers, the pc wudnt start, i uninstalled the graphic and sound drivers, i tried instaling winxp but it took 8 hrs :(, i formatttttted the drive and tried installing win98 again but the same prob......................and one more thing the drive shows 3GB bad sector, what shdddddddddddd i do just 1 day back there was no bad sector........................help me out guys,........................................... sweet kuch kar yaar........izzat ka sawal hain

bizzyboy

Right off the assembly line
asim, first we need to know wat type of HDD are we talking bout here, and when was it bought? wat is its RPM, if u cud provide me with these answers. wud be easy
anyway, first of all if it is a old hdd, format it at a low level or atleast do a full format, remove all the partitions and create again. and in case the detection of the HDD itself is taking much time, i suggest u change the ide cable, use the ATA cables, instead of the IDE ones, the difference is that, the ATA cable has 64 conductors for its 64 pins, while the IDE has 32 conductrs for the 64 pins, so this speeds up ur data transter a lot.

also try putting sepeate cables for both cdrom and hdd..

lets see u try them out..and GL :)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: remove all the devices...even cd rom drive...
make HDD as primary master...do check out the jumper setting...
go to BIOS nd disable floppy drive nd disable floppy check on bootup.

if low level formatting is not possible then go for fdisk...remove all the partitions...create them afresh...

nd as bizzy suggested go for ATA rather than IDE.... :lol:

AlienTech

In the zone
You need to run a program that will do a low level format of the drive. Like Maxtor drives have a program called powermax which does it. What this does is wipe the drive clean so you can re partition the drive then reformat it... It will fix it in most cases. If you cant low level format the drive you can delete the partitions and redo them and see if it fixes it. But this happens because of a head crash :) and you thought head crashes went away decades ago :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
asim13june said:
sweet kuch kar yaar........izzat ka sawal hain

Abay main kya karun .. :D .. Izzat ko beech main kyun lata hai yaar ..

Ahem ..
Yaar .. I am tempted to advice you to download the Seagate Diskmanager and run the Harddisk Utilities by it but I think replacing the hard disk is the better option .. Its under warranty so the vendor will change it for you .. cauz if the hard disk have physical bad sector, the data will get corrupt again and again .. So go and have the hard disk replaced ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom