Hard Disc Heating Prob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg_3000

Broken In
Guys, My config is AMD Athlon 64 3200+, MSI RS480-M2IL Mobo, 2*512GB DDR RAM, 1 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1 HDD, LG DVD-ROM Drive, 1 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 2 HDD (With a Jumper to make it work as SATA 1, as my mobo doesnt support SATA 2).. I got a Basic Antec Cabinet with 350W Silent Power Supply.. The cabinet came with a Rear 120mm Fan pre-installed.. I dont hav any other Fans..

I got this 250GB Hard Disc only recently.. But ever since that i am experiencing severe heatng problems.. Over-heating is not with the processor or mobo.. They r at quite normal temperatures.. But the Hard Drives r subject to excessive heating.. Temperatures rise to as high as 65-70 Degree Celcius within a few hours.. Both the Hard drives face this problem..

I hav got provisions for attaching a 80mm Front Fan and another at the side in my cabinet.. My PC is always on round the clock, generally.. So, I need ur sugestions here.. Shud i install Front and Side fans or Install seperate HDD Fans for the drives.. Or Both of these??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img293.imageshack.us/img293/3402/1f7b1bsx0.th.jpg

*img293.imageshack.us/img293/4363/hddcoolerfanuq8wy9.jpg

maybe you can try these coolers.

cost Rs.100 to Rs.700

link to source: Nehru Place (prices @ Delhi)

suman2005

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
maybe you can try these coolers.

I have these type of coolers and they cool my HDDs by upto 10C they are worth the amount they cost - but - they throw a lot of dust onto the HDD so you need to clean the drive at least once a month. They are also available on eBay

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
hey evn ive got 80+250gig seagate..
hey too get hot... but bout 45-49 without coolin provided..
but if i touch the IC's wen runnin.. they really hot..
wt r the normal opr temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom