Happy Birthday .........QuakeCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
not some other birthday thread .... :D

btw the big news is that QuakeCon Turns 10 .
A con that can deliver "peace, love, and rockets"

In August 2005, the largest video game festival and tournament in North America will happen for the tenth consecutive year. QuakeCon 2005 promises "peace, love, and rockets" with gaming and entertainment over a four day stretch from August 11-14. Thousands are expected to descend on Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas for the convention's tenth anniversary, where admission will be free of charge

Todd Hollenshead said:
"QuakeCon's 10th anniversary is a historic milestone and a time to celebrate the volunteers, fans, sponsors and games that have driven QuakeCon to become the largest event of its kind," , "We're going to have the party of a decade, and we want everyone to be there."

if for any one of us it is possible to participate(surely not me but ,i will be happy to see someone from us there) can register online. Online registration for QuakeCon 2005 will begin at 9 p.m. EST on Friday, April 15, 2005, at www.quakecon.org and will be taken on a "first-come, first-serve" basis..

btw...
happy birthday quakecon .

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude see what he wrote first...Quake con turns 10 and they are havin a competition...duh! Do you even know what quakecon is...sheesh...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
LOL! Spam? You are kidding right Rachit?

Oh, btw, I read at Gamespot that there is still no mention of either Quake 4 or RtCW 2 being featured at the Quakecon. Are they trying to keep it under wraps so as to spring a surprise at the event itself? Quakecon looks like an ideal candidate to showoff this highly anticipated game now.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I personally think they will spring a surprise sneak peek of Quake 4 right at the very end. That would oh-so-typical of id Software. In fact, they would be pretty not to showcase at least a demo of Q4 considering all the rampant rumor and itsy-bitsy screenshots and leaked comments that the mags have been writing about. I dont believe they will showcase RtCW2. That still has a really long way to go.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well if significant progress has been made on the game, id r sure 2 showcase it @QuakeCon...it is the best event 2 showcase the game...or mebbe they will do it @E3...whenever they do it...just bring it out already!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No, I think id would be more worried about showcasing it at QuakeCon rather than E3. Think about it, its THE convention for Quake fans, plus its the 10th anniversary, do you really think that they would get a bigger welcome for Quake 4 at E3 than here? :) No way, if they're showcasing it this year, it has to be at QuakeCon. :D But I dont think the game would be out at least until late 2005 or early 2006. :(

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
enoonmai said:
you really think that they would get a bigger welcome for Quake 4 at E3 than here? :) No way, if they're showcasing it this year, it has to be at QuakeCon. :D :(

yes ,very true. although e3 is near but quakecon will be the best place to do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom