hangin prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

hummer

Journeyman
hi , my sys config is AMD 64 3200+ , MSI RS 480 M2-IL, 2* 80 gb sata segate running in raid 0, 512 mb and 256 mb @400Mhz kingston n zion respectively. xfx 6600pci-e 256mb, lg dvd rw, i ball 400w smps , chalta hai frontech cab. with 2 sys fans. and stay in gangtok wey temp normally is cold . the sys hangs frequentlywhile playin HL2 in 1024* 768 , all high no AA. i don hv win xp 64 bit ed. i cant pin pt the prob. please help. got the sys 15 days back.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, check weather the RAM is properly seated

Try removing the side panel & then play

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
does it hangs at a particular point? Try runin doom3 as it also takes high %age of sys resources.

geekysage

Journeyman
Update your video card drivers and flash the card with a newer bios. Also, how does your system run normally when you don't play HL2? Maybe it's a spyware or something that's fvcking up your system performance and the system finally gives up when a resource hungry app like HL2 runs.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
man man man....

Same problem with me.. got the system 15 days back..

Config::-
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
ASUS A8N SLI Premium
512x2 Hinex DDR400 RAM
160 GBx2 Seagate 7.2K HDD on RAID-0 using onboard nVidia controler
XFX 6600GT PCIe 256 MB GFX card

WIndows XP-SP2 + ALL drivers from ASUS Driver CD
I have tried installing windows 4 times
have the latest drivers v77.77 for gx card

System reboots anytime...like...
Watching DVD from HDD
playing FARCRY (many times during this one but not at any specific condition)
once playing DOOM3

Guys i have tried some burn in test and all of the sissandra tests ... system runs fine....

I tried disabling the quick boot option to test the RAM modules but they are fine...

Idont think it is software or spyware as i have installed windows may times...

I am stupidified... i thought once i have the system up and running i will go on boast about it on the forum but here i am having problems...

Please help ... every last bit can change the world...

Rollercoaster

also in far cry there are some problems as the ground turns black in some places like some shadow problems... and some times is dood there is some raster in textures

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
it seems to be a driver prob get latest drivers, even from digit dvd.
watching DVD, Farcry, doom3 consume lots of resources. try pressing RAM module/s (and graphics card) or change slot.
I have 5200/128 AGP 8X card, and i had same prob with GTA SA and doom3. I took out all PCI and AGp card , RAM modules. then cleaned the contacts with eraser(pencil not ink) and it worked.
also try to clean cpu heatsink with vaccum cleaner (blower). don't use painting or cleaning brush as it has static charge.
Try this.
try this.

Rollercoaster

ya man i have tried all that thought i did not use the eraser..... all components are brand new so..

I dont know.... have installed and reinstalled my system 2 times....

and i have the latest drivers v77.77 from digit dvd ...

Pls help guys

and also how do i show this trouble to my vender so i can get something changed..... the mobo for instance or other things man

hey could it be the Hynex ram modules because these(the code on the ICs) were not on the supported lists in the mother board manual...

Rollercoaster

The power supply is Odesssy 500w
and one thing i wanted to kow is that this mobo has 24 pin ATX power connector and the powersupplies availavle are all 20pin ATX do u think that is the problem

also look at this *www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52606&page=9

I also think it could be teh nvraid i am using on my two 160 GB 7.2k hdds (raid 0)

OP
H

hummer

Journeyman
i think its the power supply. even i hv a 20 pin , while the socket require 24 pin. mysystem runs fine in everest memory benchmarks, sissoftsandra, even 3dmark05

Rollercoaster

mY SYSTEM is fine in all the benchmarks.. it only reboots when i least suspect it.. while playing dvds or games

OP
H

hummer

Journeyman
mine does not reboots . it hangs . now it hangs even in fifa 2006 demo n gta -sa. god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help help

Rollercoaster

god in not in our broadcast domain this month man....

Anyways i downloaded the latest 80.45 or something drives from nvidia and the latest for nforce4 SLI(motherboard drivers)
flashed my bios to the latest beta 1009.4000 but dude the system still reboots as it pleases
it runs very fine and cool in all the benchmark and burnin tests but reboots at anytime usualy gaming and movies now i dont know what to do as my vender cannot find any problem with the system so he cant gimme new components in warrenty

So really help us GOD

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Does ur psu have 24 pin connestor as ur mobo needs? if not get a new power supply with 24 pin connector as soon as possible. It is clear that the system gets enough power from 20 pin connector for normal applications, but when u start CPU and GPU heavy apps like game and movies ur mobo, Cpu and graphics card do not get enough power. so the CPU thinks that there is an AC power loss and starts rebooting process.
All PSU manufacturers make 24 pin PSUs e.g. antec, vip, frontech, intex etc.
Also check that whether u have a strange coloured (pink or green) 4 pin connector coming from ur PSU . U can attach this 4-pin connector to ur 20 pin connector to make a 24 pin connector.
Hope this help.
If u have purchased mobo and PSU from same person at the same time then it's his fault. he should have given u correct PSU.
Now if he says that the mobo can work on 20 pin only instead of 24 pin, just ask him to replace the PSU and show him ur mobo manual. These guys don't know anything about using apps beyond Windows, office and winamp. " jab 20 pin chaltaa hai,24 pin kya karna hai ?"

screw them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom