Handsets to be made in India - to cost atleast 30% less

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
source

*economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-958959,curpg-1.cms

Now this is damn good news if you ask me esp with the ever changing world of the mobile market. Its about time we got something on par with the world markets! Perhaps we will even see people who come from other countries buying it here

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Ya thats good news.. But we already have an Indian mobile na. VK Munoth.. Though I dont think they manufacture their own pieces.. Munoth has a sort of partnership with some Korean company, and is really a distributer of theri goods..

Anyway.. THis realy is a good news for all Mobile freaks..

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
SmoothCriminal said:
Ya thats good news.. But we already have an Indian mobile na. VK Munoth.. Though I dont think they manufacture their own pieces.. Munoth has a sort of partnership with some Korean company, and is really a distributer of theri goods..

Anyway.. THis realy is a good news for all Mobile freaks..

Well this isnt quite that. This above means that all the global players such as Nokia and others will be manufacturing their own units in India and save on shipping and other duties hence this will mean the GSM/CDMA mobiles u own today and the next gen mobiles will be available here for atleast 30% less.

AlienTech

In the zone
I don't know what the problem is with this country but I can buy Indian stuff abroad for much less. On top of that the quality of the stuff is much better. Just taking nuts, I can buy nuts in the middle east thats clean and very good world class quality for half the price while in India I can buy nuts for twice the cost with worms inside it. Its the same with electronics. No import tax?? Cost of electronics are double in India. Even stuff made in India like Moser baer disks cost more than double inside India if you can find it. To think they sell these for 25% of that price to OEM's in Europe who sell it for less than 50% of the price in India and these OEM's still sell that stuff under their own names for less.

Prices in Japan are higher for Japanese stuff, but there is one difference, the quality of Japanese stuff in japan are higher than what they export cheaply to other countries. In fact its hard to find some japanese stuff even in the US because of that.

Something is very wrong when you have to pay more and get not onl yless quality but even worse service...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
And ppl, dont forget
we do have LG who manufactures in pune. but the LG handsets costs less?

and now nokia will follow suit, we can get better employment, but we cant expect prices to fall imediately.... they have also invested in infrastructure(plant location cost and other stuffs) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom