HAMACHI VPN helpline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All...

I read about the Hamachi VPN in this month's Digit. Since I liked the idea I downloaded the installer thing & followed the instructions which were given in the magazine.

I also created a personal network & added a couple f people to it, by making their respective admin accounts on my PC.

Now my queries are as follows:

1. Do I HAVE to make admin accounts for my friends?? Cant they just be normal user accounts?

2. When I create my friends admin account on my PC, it means that HE can access the contents of MY comp. Does my friend need to make an admin account on his PC with my name too??

3. IS there any way in which I can block access to a few drives on my PC so they are NOT available for sharing?? I have one particular drive which has all my stuff which is to be shared (softwares, songs & all) & I want to share THAT particular drive contents only. I do not want my friends to access the other drives..Is this possible?

Please try & answer my queries...Waiting eagerly for replies. Thanx a lot.

HK

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hell its so easy and you are making it seem difficult for yourself.

Just add friends and they can view your shared folders which can be set as read-only or writeable. (No need to make accounts and other cr@p)

Now on what to share, its simple.

Say you wanna share your E: Drive. Go to my computer, right click the E:, go to sharing tab and click the "If you understand the blah blah blah blah" link to reveal sharing modes.

Now tick "Share the folder on the network" checkbox and if you want to make it read-only, deselect "Allow network users to modify files" checkbox.

Thats it, hit OK/Apply. And its on the network now.

Ask a friend to browse. If you are on an admin account WITH a password, they might be prompted for a password to access you.

Else the folder will open and you can start sharing.

Remember/NOTE - , the users will NOT be able to view files unless you have allowed it to be shared on the network. and dont add that user account sh*t, its a bad thing to do as your private network (if its private..) already has a password in it which your friends know.

Btw, if you want an easier way, you can host an FTP over Hamachi too. Just ask if you want to do it and I'll write up a tut for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom