Halo 3's ground breaking release

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
the much anticipated(digg is bleeding with Halo 3 articles these days) Halo 3 finally was released on 25,sep.

it surpassed highest ever single day gross for anything in entertainment industry and raked in an enormous $170 mn(forgot, only in US!!!) *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif on its first day.

it beat likes of spiderman 3($ 59 mn on ist day),harry potter 7. *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

its surely is a big boost for MS's X-Box.

who will break this record of 170 mn?

crysis?spiderman 4?harry potter's next movie?

i don think anything can break that in next 2-3 years if this figure of 170 is true.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah, the 170 US only is really cool! But then again, its Microsoft, you can never say how real the stats are.

Like, selling Zunes for example :p

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
It did sell 170MN$ in a day. But Halo 2 sold 125MN$ in a day in 2004, and we must not forget that the price of Halo 3 is much more than Halo 2.

This has also been debated at other places. So although we can say that it sold for a record money, it may not necessarily mean more number of games.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah, we're just talking about opening day earnings. :) Plus, the legendary version costs equal to an XBOX itself :p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Or when Windows 7 comes out. It depends on the demand, but mostly I think it'll remain an XBOX 360 exclusive for a long long time, afterall its 'The game that sells the XBOX' along with Gears of War.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
That's it! I'll be getting a XBOX this Diwali. That will also mean end of my brother annoying me to let him play NFS and GTA (4 for XBOX too!)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
To benefit the Boys & Girls Club, Microsoft is offering the ultimate Halo® 3 package to one lucky winning bidder on eBay. Check out what's included:

*img463.imageshack.us/img463/9554/ilmhalo3auctionhf9.jpg

Bid on this massive Halo 3 package.
The ONLY Xbox 360™ Limited Edition Halo 3 console that has been personally signed by Bill Gates.
The ONLY Limited Edition Halo 3 Zune 30 GB media player personally signed by J Allard.
The entire Halo Trilogy: Two copies of Halo 3 (Legendary Edition and Standard Edition), plus the Halo Triple Pack for Xbox® (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack)
Xbox 360 HD DVD player.
Rare special aluminum storage case with over $400 worth of accessories (two Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controllers with an exclusive Todd McFarlane Collectable Figurine, Messenger Kit, HDMI AV cable, extra 120 GB hard drive, and a Halo 3 T-shirt).

(For tax purposes, the total retail value of this package is about $2,000.)

*img463.imageshack.us/img463/6042/ilmbillgatesconsolemw1.jpg

You can own this one-of-a-kind console.

Don't miss this opportunity to own this unique collection! All auction proceeds from this Ultimate Halo 3 Package benefit the Boys & Girls Club.

Source

eBay Page

current Bid is US $8,600.00 :shock:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ actually halo 3 broke that record cause many people already have xbox 360 .. where as for crysis one needs a killer system.

bkpeerless

In the zone
well dont forget metal gear solid 4 and wes half life 2 expantion i think thew will break some records .........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom