Half life2 : FPS dropping too much in some levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstorm

Right off the assembly line
I am having 6600GT 128MB, 512 MB ram, 2.66 GHz P4,

Still in HL2, in some levels, (anticitizen, where you see a four legged monster), fps drops to 15-20. Did anybody find any such problem. I am running the game in highest setting. Even in lowest setting, at the same spot fps is 18 - 22. I don't know what is the problem. Any clue? Should I upgrade my ram to 1 GB??

Thanks
[/b]

OP
D

darkstorm

Did you face any such drop in fps? I don't have a firewall installed. I tried terminating all but essential processes, still no big difference.

wolfff

Broken In
Add this command line argument and c if it helps.

-heapsize 524288

If this is the fps that u get all through the game... then it could be a problem. If u generally average 40 or more at highest settings with an occasional drop to 20s then its nothin to worry about.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
u have a pretty god config ,i played hl2 on 1024X768 with in game 4x aa and 4xaf enabled with 512 mb ram on a ti4200 prety smoothly. the game shud work fine on ur system , u need not to upgrade ram .ur sys config is far better than needed, better than my config. there must be some other prob.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
See ur task manager for a process thats takin lotsa mem or cpu usage or PF ....
shut it down if safe and play...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Still in HL2, in some levels, (anticitizen, where you see a four legged monster), fps drops to 15-20. Did anybody find any such problem. I am running the game in highest setting. Even in lowest setting, at the same spot fps is 18 - 22. I don't know what is the problem. Any clue? Should I upgrade my ram to 1 GB??

what settings ru playing the game at ???

upgrading to 1gb ram will definitely give a boost in fps .... i played the game at 1280*1024,4x aa,16x af,maxed settings .. the fps fell barely below 30 ...oh btw .. i used a 6600GT ...

vmp_vivek

In the zone
darkstorm said:

Thanks

SAME HERE MAN. I AM RUNNING IN 1280X768X32, 4XAA, 4XAF MODE AND WAS ABLE TO GET DESCENT 35-40 FPS. BUT UNTIL I REACHED ANTICITIZEN ONE, I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. MY SYS IS P4 2.8, 512 DDR, 128 MB ATI 9000. I AM RUNNING THE GAME WITH ALL THE SERVICES OF ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL TURNED OFF. PLEASE HELP.

OP
D

darkstorm

Thanks for all the helps and suggestions. Infact I got some virus on my PC. I checked the processes running in bg, I came to find some unknown process. When I turned it off, my system got shut down. Defnitely it was a virus. Let me remove it and see how the performance improves,

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom