Guyz usin Sony DRU720A 16x DVD writer... help me phulease...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I bought a Sony DRU720A 16x DualLayer DVD writer recently.

DOUBT ONE:

The 1st 2 data DVDs i wrote with it gave huge errors... that too after takin lots of time... about 50 min. each... goin to 80% then hang... errors... The second DVD got burnt i suppose but DATA sector errors cropped up.

I think it was due to negligible space of 1.2GB in my workin drive. So the third DVD i wrote as multisession of 1GB each. Three MSessions were done. The 1st MS went well... Then I did another session on the same DVD which also went well. The last MS i finalized the DVD.. but after a succesful writing.. the DATA verification gave me READ SECTOR errors... AND I LOST ALL THE DATA I WROTE IN THE LAST 2 SESSIONS.. ONLY THE DATA I WROTE IN THE FIRST SESSION WAS ABLE TO BE SEEN!!!!

I used Nero... Ulead & Roxio for the three discs respectively.. and all gave similar probs.... The DVD+Rs were of TechCom, max 4X...
Used Win98 and WinXP... Win98 for the 1st DVD... XP for the next 2....
Nero vs 6.6... OEM which shipped with the Sony DVDWriter itself

I also wrote another DVD.... and then noticed that a majority of times... the errors crop up after finalizing the DVD. The files written in the final session are unreadable too.

DOUBT TWO:

How much time would it take to copy a DVD movie into a VCD on a PIII 1GHz 256MB SDRAM computer?

DOUBT THREE:

I have some Dual Layer DVDs holding 4-5 movies. I like some movies & want only those selected few... (2 or so) in a single DVD (single layer 4.5GB DVD). Is there some way I can copy those VOBs or so onto the 4.5GB DVD and play it on conventional DVD players... or is there any other easier & faster method... How much time'll will it take on the above said config?

Does Sony 16X dual layer DVD writer ( I suppose it is a Liteon writer) read multisession DVD discs effectively?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Re: Guyz who use DVD writers... help me out...phulease...

koolbluez said:
DOUBT THREE:

I have some Dual Layer DVDs holding 4-5 movies. I like some movies & want only those selected few... (2 or so) in a single DVD (single layer 4.5GB DVD). Is there some way I can copy those VOBs or so onto the 4.5GB DVD and play it on conventional DVD players... or is there any other easier & faster method... How much time'll will it take on the above said config?
Use DVD Shrink www.dvdshrink.org and DVD Decrypter www.dvddecrypter.com.
Get a guide on how to use it here www.doom9.org.

Journeyman
:arrow: Which version of Windows are you using?
:arrow: Which version of Nero are you using?
:arrow: Did you get Nero OEM version or anyother burning software with your DVD writer? Are you using that?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Used Win98 and WinXP... Win98 for the 1st DVD... XP for the next 2....

Nero vs 6.6... OEM which shipped with the Sony DVDWriter itself

sahil_blues

In the zone
Re: Guyz who use DVD writers... help me out...phulease...

koolbluez said:
The DVD+Rs were of TechCom, max 4X...

i hope you had adjusted the speed before burning 'cause your writer has a max speed of 4 times your dvd's max speed!!!

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
All that is adjusted...

Actually no need to adjust... The sw takes the max speed of the DVD disc... not the DVD writer.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I wanted to know if anyone uses a Sony 16X dual layer DVD writer... Does it read multisession DVD discs effectively?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey i am using the same model , i tried writing a multi session disc but then just before the dvd got burnt nero popped a msg saying that "some multi session discs will not be able to be read properly and blah blah , are u sure u want to continue or want to disable multisession" ... i disabled multisession then and burnt the dvd. but i have heard there is a problem with multi session dvd's and not only with sony dvd writers but maybe its a software problem , as a frnd of mine has an asus dvd-rw and he also complained of his multisession dvd's getting corupt.

also if the discs are rated 4x then dont write them at more than 2x speed.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
but... if the speed of DVD is 4x.. I get no option.. default 4x is highlighted.. No speed below that

I 2 got the message.. some ms discs.... but then... if a ms can be done.. then it has to b done... shouldn't it...

Anyone successfully burnt atleast a single complete MS disc!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom