Not open for further replies.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Hi!
First, my system specs-
AMD Athlon XP 1.7 Ghz
512 MB Ram
40 GB Seagate Barracuda Hard-Disk
Club 3d ATI Radeon 9600 128 MB (Running Catalyst 4.4 drivers, not overclocked)
Windows XP Professional
DirectX 9.0b

Until day before yesterday, my card was running perfectly fine, no problems at all
Then yesterday, while i was working on Paint Shop Pro, the system gave an error, and said that VPU Recover has reset the gfx accelerator, as it was not responding to commands from the display driver
Then, when I started a game, I got the same error message and I crashed to the desktop.Now, this happens with each and every 3d application.I tried sending an error report to ATI, but have not got any reply yet. I tried uninstalling the display driver, and installing the original ones in the CD, but the problem continues
Then i ran DXDiag, and tested the card in DirectDraw and Direct3D interfaces
The DDraw tests were successful, but in the D3D tests, for all 3 tests(DX7,DX8,DX9), it said i cancelled the test by pressing a key(obviously, i hadn't pressed anything)
This problem is driving me crazy
I don't think this is an overheating problem, as the card was working pefectly until now, and it gave out just suddenly

Please help me, guys

G

gxsaurav

Check if AGP texture acceleration is available in dxdiag or ,if it is not then download Catalyst 4.7 from ATI website, & clean install the drivers, use driver cleaner to remove the old ATI drivers. then reinstall

This is the region I hated ATI even I had the Radeon 9600 pro, but it just had too many 2d bugs

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
I uninstalled the drivers again, and installed the 4.4 catalyst drivers directly, and now the D3D tests in DXDiag are working, but I'm having the same problem in games

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Is it under warranty ... I would recommend to let the authorised people to have hands on it first ...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Get catalyst drivers 4.7 release. Also try disabling agp fastwrites in Bios and cp if they are exposed in the cp. See if this works. Post ur Mobo .......

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Ya, I think I'd better let authorised people take a look at it
I just don't understand how this problem can just happen all of a sudden
I mean, 1 second theres no problem at all, and the next, the problem starts, and the wierd thing is that i wasn't even running a 3D application when the problem started :(

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yeah but authorised ppl will most probably tell u that it's a driver problem and all. But still neways send it to them and see what they have to say.

Loki87

Broken In
yeah don't play with the card(its just an expression) or remove it or anything let the authorised ppl do it i think its just a driver prob after all try with 4.7 release

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
I talked to my engineer, and he said it was definitely a problem with the card
He also said that since I'd bought the card from him for 14k-15k Rs., he'll give me a new Radeon 9800 Pro free as a replacement
So, I guess this worked out well for me :eek:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Abhijit_T said:
I talked to my engineer, and he said it was definitely a problem with the card
He also said that since I'd bought the card from him for 14k-15k Rs., he'll give me a new Radeon 9800 Pro free as a replacement
So, I guess this worked out well for me :eek:

Wow ! thats like a blessing in disguise !! Good for ya !

theraven

Technomancer
@Abhijit .. dude temme aslo who ur comp guy is .. lol hes giving u a replacement of a 9800 pro that too !!
damn
where are all these "nice" computer dealers?

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Hehe, actually, he works in my Dad's office(I.T. Dept.)
And hes giving it to me, because he won it in some contest, and he already has an X800(or so he says) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom