Guys, Help Me Decide! I am purchasing *something* today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
I wanted to upgrade my computer and the upgraded configuration was core 2 duo 2.4 (e6600), intel dg965wh mb, 300 gb sata2, 1 gb ddr2 667 mhz ram and geforce 7600gt graphics card. It was around 43,000. But my father decided that instead of upgrading, i should buy something new like a laptop. I found a lenovo model which had core 2 duo 1.66 (t5500), i don't knw abt the mb chipset mayb 945p or 945gm, 1 gb ddr2 533 mhz ram, 100 gb sata 5400 rpm hdd, geforce 7400 go wit turbocache, 15.4 inch lcd, tv tuner card, face recognition etc. It costs about 70,000. So guys what would you have done, if price was not a constraint. Moreover what do u think of lenovo? the model is Y500 (77616AQ). and here is the link *www-8.ibm.com/lenovoinfo/in/yseriesface2face/y500_2.html

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
first of all, what's ur usage?
If u r a high-time computer user, say... more than 5 hrs continuous a day, lappies r not the stuff u need. They tend to get heated (& burst *img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif) on prolonged usage. Even if u r a gamer, u'll find lappies dud; maybe a little relief will be provided by desktop-replacements, but still they r not the real-thing, and ya... heating probs. A gamer, once on his m/c, 'll find it very difficult to resist the temptation of finishing the game (or @least that stage), which might take 3-7 or more hrs depending on ur performance levels. Lappies r no good here.
But if u r a light-user, and need a portable solution, lappies r 4 u.

Think... & purchase.

It all depends on what performance u need, and how long u stay on it.

And yes, the model's kool. But y don't u check out other laptop reviews online first... just in case u get a better deal....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if by any chance you go for Desktop Upgrade, jus make suure the RAM you buy for DG965WH is compatible with it.

just a little info on RAM's supported by Intel m/b
=>1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
=>Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 667 or DDR2 533 DIMMs
4 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 800 DIMMs;
=>Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
=>Non-ECC DIMMs
=>Serial Presence Detect
=>DDR2 800, DDR2 667, or DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
=>DDR2 800 DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)

you can find more here Supported System Memory.

i'm going thru hell of $@^&%#@$ right now, my frnd got me a Corsair RAM(US $175) which runs @ 1.9 volts, just 0.1volts more than the motherboard Supported RAM voltage.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Lappy would be the best buy. You'll love desktops only if you are a frequent gamer & movie watcher. Otherwise lappy would be the best deal.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if you go for DG965WH & Corsair RAM, then DO take a look here =>
Complete List of Corsair Modules Compatible with DG965WH

S

SE><IE

Just a tip: a laptop can never replace a desktop PC. A laptop may look cool but after-all its meant to be carried and hence compact, which again means it is not as flexible while upgrading as a desktop PC.
Think before you choose. :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I suggest you HP or Sony Viao laptops as best value for money. Lenavo is expensive. You get a good set of multimedia features in HP or Sony at decent prices. I am not saying so becoz I am a HP user, but it is really worth it. My HP Pavilion Home entertainment Lappy is performing without any problems.

Choose from recent Intel Core Duo series, which includes a 512MB or 1GB RAM, integrated Mega pixel Camera, Integrated WI-FI, Bluetooth and stero mic. It also includes a WIDE SCREEN LCD monitor, 6-Card memory reader, Plug & play CD's without booting, and many such multimedia features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom