Guestbooks ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarwesh

Broken In
I am in need of Best available free Guestbok that I can add in my college site.....

Or rather just tell me the way to develop simple guestbooks since I want this to collect the feedbacks of articles....

tuxfan

Technomancer
If you know PHP and MySQL, developing a guest book is pretty simple. Do you want me to give you logic and DB design?

But there are a few ready ones available. I don't remember the links now. Will find it out and post.

OP
S

Sarwesh

Broken In
Sorry!

I dont know PHP and MySQL since I am doing Electronics & Communication Engineering, I am a complete novice in this field but if u can give me logic & DB design as u said I can have a look to that....

Or tell me the free sites which doesnt give link back to their own site as this is a college site & moreover I have to use that for collecting feed of articles.....

bukaida

In the zone
Check this out

Check the following link. you require apache and php4 to run this code.
If you have old digit cd, both of them were provided there. Else you can download them from www.apache.org and the php binaries from
*in.php.net/get/php-4.4.0-Win32.zip/from/a/mirror. The installation Guide can be obtained from *www.thesitewizard.com/archive/php4install.shtml.

Now finaly The source code

Remember to install the apache first mentioning localhost to both server and domain field. Select all the default options.Be very much careful here.If it is wrongly installed once, It is very difficult to get it worked.Post for any further suggession.

tuXian

In the zone
Find from your college if the site is hoasted on Linux. If yes then the CPanel i.e the webserver user interface has many pre-built scripts. that u can use.

Of course custom guestbook is something special and the Cpanel ones are common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom