Gta San Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
I love GTA series.Here is the review for their latest title currently available for PS2 only.Check below for PC version release details.

*www.gtasanandreas.net/artwork/gallery/boxart_t.jpg
ESRB ~ Mature 17+
Players ~ 1-2 (no online multiplayer)
Publisher ~ Rockstar Games (Parent Company TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
Developer ~ Rockstar North

Two years after the release of the mega-hit "Vice City", Rockstar Games presents us with their last chapter in the Grand Theft Auto book, "San Andreas". Set during the 90's in thepseudo-California state, we hit the streets of three cities with Carl Johnson, our newly met gangster.

The title was surrounded by enormous hype during its development, and is widely recognised to have passed the expectations set upon it. This new addition to the Grand Theft Auto series has been warmly welcomed by the general public, and has strengthened Rockstar Games' position at the head of the industry.

Boasting partnerships with leaders of the entertainment industry such as Interscope Records and Universal Music, Rockstar aims to deliver the deepest soundtrack ever attempted by a video game designer.

In a press release ending the fiscal year of 2004, Take 2 Games was very pleased with the success of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and the title alone brought in 54% of the fourth quarter sales. The latest sales numbers pass $240 million, and the title has set records in the UK for the fastest selling video game title. According to NPDFunworldSM data, San Andreas was the top selling PlayStation 2 title in the United States in October and November 2004, and brought in close to 30% more revenue than its predecessor Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

In an attempt to maximise exposure and bring the game to a wider market, Rockstar Games announced that it is planning a simulatenous release of San Andreas on PC and Xbox in the summer of 2005.
Release Dates

PS2
October 26th, 2004 (USA)
October 29nd, 2004 (Europe)

PC
June 7th, 2005 (USA)
June 10th, 2005 (Europe)

XBox
June 7th, 2005 (USA)
June 10th, 2005 (Europe)
Story & Orientation

Returning to the pressures of the home that he left five years prior, Carl Johnson is violently thrown back into the lifestyle that he had once embraced. But he must now be cautious, the streets of Los Santos are now more dangerous and more rife with crime than they ever were and the drama and conflicts are now deeper and more head-heavy.

With his crew, the Orange Grove Families -- Carl, Sweet, Smoke, and Ryder must defend everything their family stands for across the state of San Andreas. The violent streets of Los Santos, the intricacies of life in San Fierro, and the enticing facade of the lethal Las Venturra, all will see C.J. work his way through this gritty crime epic... through the life and times and the cities of "San Andreas".

Official story information from E3:

Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.

Liberty City. Vice City. Now San Andreas, a new chapter in the legendary series.
The game design has been reworked as part of the new approach Rockstar seems to be favouring lately. This is an extract from an interview given by Dan Houser:

It’s about giving people that freedom of choice. It’s still very much an action game, but there’s also a whole world out there to explore if you want to. At points in the GTA existence we’ve gone vert, very non-linear, like GTA2 was very, very non-linear. And we’ve tried to get the best of that (in GTA: SA) which comes down to giving people the freedom of choice at any moment. You can also get the advantage of a story which relies on emotion and characters. So the story opens up, it feels very non-linear, then it closes for a bit, then it opens up again. It works quite well I think.
Source : *www.gtasanandreas.net/overview/

borg

In the zone
Man its a great game but I hate the saving mechanism in the game. There no auto save & once u die when u r in the mission u have to start from the very beginning. Its horribly frustruating. They should do something about it.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Actually I like the save system of the game. It suits the game's gameplay and style. If it bothers you a lot, you can always go for the trainers. There are many hacks and mods available for all the GTA games which allow you to save anywhere. Give them a try.

borg

In the zone
Man I have a PS2 version & its absolutely frustruating to say the least. Everytime u die, u start from the very beginnning & u have to go see the crappymisssion briefing videos all over again. Its hell.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
is this supposed 2 b a review??? u just ripped off the history/press release and storyline frm some place and put them 2gether...this aint a review my friend...and pls mention the source....

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Did you copy from here?
*www.gtasanandreas.net/overview/

@cheetah, remember the forum rules,
Important: Members MUST provide a link to an article’s source, or provide details of the author (if taken from a book), for all content that is copyrighted. Plagiarism is to be avoided at all costs.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Darthvader said:
Still waiting for the pc version to surface..........

and am still waiting for ur Spamming to Subside..... :x :twisted:

whats with u man....the topic is in dicussion since ages and its release date is in June so still time left....so why post messages like this and spam around...am really dead tired of reporting u guys to the Admins and MODS... :twisted:

@cheetah.....now u again got a warning from Gnu....which is why i had first asked u to stop ur spaaming spree and to mention sources for the Plags u cause here.....so atleast now come to ur senses :?

OP
C

cheetah

In the zone
Sory.
GNUrag said:
Did you copy from here?
*www.gtasanandreas.net/overview/

@cheetah, remember the forum rules,
Important: Members MUST provide a link to an article’s source, or provide details of the author (if taken from a book), for all content that is copyrighted. Plagiarism is to be avoided at all costs.

tushar_novice

Broken In
Do you think there is something same in every gta:
The main character is ditched by one close fella.

GTA2: don't remember the name

GTA advanced: Mike ditched by Vinnie and King Courtney and Asuka.(completed yesterday only)

GTA 3: Fido(can't remember the real name it was like chales or something) ditched by Catalina and Salvatore.

GTA 4: Tommy ditched by Lance Vance and Diaz.

GTA 5: CJ ditched by big smoke.( sexiest game on earth. Waiting for Pc version.

@ ctrl_alt_del: Ow man the image at sig. is a sexy one.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@tushar_novice.....so theres a lotta ditchin going on....whats else????

look pal its not like the game is bad or anything but just that we all have our own set of opinions.....i felt that Vice city and San Andreas had a Same GFx feel to it....also btw Story might be diff but the gameplay is still almost the same.....so opinions are just opinions buddy aint nothing wrong with em :wink:

Chill :p

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@tushar_novice: Hey dude, there are lots of spoilers in that post of yours. Just add a spoiler warning for those who havent played the game yet.

As for Fido from GTA3, actually R* never confirmed what the main character was named. Generally he was reffered to as "The Guy" or as "Fido" by the fans. But if you play through GTA:SA, you can find out his real name after all. In a mission, Catalina will ask you for a car which she needs to drive to Liberty City with her boyfriend Claude! And remember, GTA 3 happens 8-9 years after GTA:SA.
Source: *www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=180608

Just a bit of trivia that might intrest fellow GTA fans.

Btw, thanks Tushar, glad you like dthe sig! ;)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I agree with allwyndlima. The game still looks, feels, handles like the GTA-VC and looks for all practical purposes, like an add-on or expansion to GTA-VC. Yes, it does change some of the experiences, but the core missions, the side missions, the control system, and the entire core experience pretty much remains the same. I liked the trainjacking and low-riding bits the most, but like I said, it doesn't just push the envelope for the game enough for it to be THAT laudable.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Wont the same go for almost all the sequels? The core missions will always remain the same. Doom 3 is all about making demons eat lead. Hitman 2,3 is all about sneaking up behind the enemy and garroting him to death. Just a thought!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The core missions can be the same. The core "experience" shouldn't be. :D You can hardly say Doom 3 was like the previous Doom or Quake or RtCW games, the very environment of the game totally changed the core experience. As did HL2. The core experience changed with Max Payne 2 with a taut storyline, new BulletTime which totally changed the environment by taking you deeper into the zone the more enemies you killed, kinda like the Racebreaker feature in NFSU2, so it was actually a good idea to rush into your enemies in Max Payne 2.
NFSU2 totally changed the core experience when compared to NFSU, I dont think you need moi to tell you that. :D
But when it comes to GTA-SA, everything is pretty much the same as GTA-VC, with just a few changed elements thrown in that dont alter gameplay or the core experience, which is what bored me about the game. Dont get me wrong, I like the game, but I dont think its THAT much of a change over GTA-VC to be celebrated the way its being done.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
Wont the same go for almost all the sequels? The core missions will always remain the same. Doom 3 is all about making demons eat lead. Hitman 2,3 is all about sneaking up behind the enemy and garroting him to death. Just a thought!

well i guess thats a Genre that u are talking about....as the Missions usually differ and the gameplay sorta changes.....now in case of Hitman 2 the core element was to use Stealth in some missions where as Tricky Action in others.....similarly Hitman 3 being on a Diff storyline sets out with some Mods of itself...some additianal weapons and yea stealth again.....but the point is that with the core element being the same reflects the sequel of a games being on the same wavelength of the genre but not the same plot and tactics :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Who says GTA:SA doesnt bring in any changes? OK, the core gameplay is same, but then havent some improvements been incoporated? I also agree that SA may not be revolutionary, yet I wont agree that its worth giving a miss.

tushar_novice

Broken In
@c_a_d I remembered the name while sleeping the name claude that is.
And I heard the name somewhere at the forums not these but at any other sites'.

cheetah said:
I love GTA series.Here is the review for their latest title currently available for PS2 only.Check below for PC version release details.

*www.gtasanandreas.net/artwork/gallery/boxart_t.jpg
ESRB ~ Mature 17+
Players ~ 1-2 (no online multiplayer)
Publisher ~ Rockstar Games (Parent Company TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
Developer ~ Rockstar North

Two years after the release of the mega-hit "Vice City", Rockstar Games presents us with their last chapter in the Grand Theft Auto book, "San Andreas". Set during the 90's in thepseudo-California state, we hit the streets of three cities with Carl Johnson, our newly met gangster.

Wat do they mean the last in the series.
Wat will happento gta freaks like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom