GSX concept PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

The design was inspired by the PCs we had in 1993 PCs which had the monitor placed on top of the CPU

I have given it the name “GSX PC”, well...cos of my username here, :D.

The GSX has an optical drive in front panel, one shut down & one restart button, & the big black bar below the shutdown & restart button is the IrDA port for Windows Media centre remote that this PC will be running. It will have customised laptop component, such as.....

Core 2 duo T7600, nVidia 8600GS graphics card with 256 MB RAM with HDMI, 2X1GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, 160 GB SATA 2 2.5” Hard disk, onboard gigabit LAN, 7.1 Channel HD Audio, inbuilt Bluetooth & 802.11 a/b/g/n, 8 USB 2.0 Ports, 2 Firewire ports & 1 firewire mini port.

Due to using laptop components, the GSX can reduce its CPU & Graphics card clock speed on the fly, & also disable the non-used sections of peripherals which will further reduce the power consumption. The monitor is HDMI based 19” LCD, the GSX is made to be a lifestyle PC, it can’t be a serious gaming PC, but still it has something like a Geforce 8600GS DirectX10 graphics card which is good enough for gaming,. The monitor cord goes from inside the pivot. There is also a front OLED screen on the CPU below the Optical drive; this is used to see system info such as temperature, music being played in Windows Media Player. It’s based on Windows Sideshow so even if the Computer is in sleep mode, consuming really low power, you can still get some info such as schedule etc.

The PC is completely detachable; you can simply unscrew the thumbscrews, which will detach the LCD from the Pivot, & also the pivot from the CPU body, then you can take them all easily anywhere. Since the CPU uses laptop components, you can simply remove the top panel, as they are screwed by 6 bolts & upgrade a few things such as hard disk, RAM & graphics card, which is nothing but a half height nVIDIA MXM based graphics card. It also has 7.1 channel onboard HD Audio.

The GSX takes air from the right side, there is a 60mm fan for intake which taken air in, circulates & the other fan on the left side which acts as exhaust. There are 2 USB, 1 Firewire, 1 firewire mini & Audio Jacks on the right side of it, with 6 More USB ports behind, along with one Gigabit Ethernet port & another firewire port, followed by normal PS/2 ports for keyboard & mouse. There are no legacy ports such as Parallel & Serial. The power supply is inside the GSX itself, it’s a 400W power supply. However, GSX also provides you option to use another external power supply in case you need more, that comes in the form of an external power brick. It has the option to add a bettery like a laptop, for 20 or 30 mins backup, much like what a UPS does

GSX Provides you option to upgrade components yourself, customise it, there is nothing in front of it, and it’s all clean. It is recommended to use a Bluetooth or Wireless based keyboard & mouse with GSX to reduce the wire clutter even further. The recommended OS for GSX PC is Windows Vista, as it provides features which I had in mind when designing GSX PC.

Below are a few more renders in White & green colour, resembling the colour scheme of XBOX 360. All the modelling & rendering is made in 3Ds Max 9 & Photoshop CS2. I m not getting enough time, to model the speakers right now, they are already made in paper though

Comments & critics are welcome

*img176.imageshack.us/img176/844/v1gm8.jpg

*img176.imageshack.us/img176/2377/v2rd1.jpg

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/1551/whiteview1lf4.th.jpg

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/5171/whiteview2sa2.th.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

thanx for the critics guys, will post new render with speakers in a few days...

by the way, i need a few rep points:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom