Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie

Right off the assembly line
I recently instaled a free version of Suse linux and used it well....untill today!!
on booting up, i'm presented with a prompt :
grub>

i have windows xp installed on the system before I installed linux.How do I go to the windows loader now?

vysakh

Padawan
i too installed Suse that i got from digit and i couldnt go into windows. if i select windows from the grub i still remember recieving a message hdd 0,3
ntldr not found

i contacted as many people as i knew but no use. had to reformat the HDD and create new partitions too

theraven

Technomancer
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif
here i had posted a few links on this page
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9384&highlight=ntloader

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
@theraven.... that's a good snapshot... i would also post it from next time when people dont search....

that image seems to be copyrighted... do i have permission to use it ???? :) :) :) :) :) :)

firewall

In the zone
@GNUrag... it's a .gif i think raven must disclose what software was used to produce that before claiming the copyright ;)

:)

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
grub is a bootloader. you must configure it so that at the bootup it recognizes the os'es installed on your pc and gives you a choice to boot into it. i use red hat and during the installation itself my grub got configured. about suse - i have no idea. ask the gurus here.

[deXter]

Journeyman
Ok, heres a free, open source alternative!

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/digit_search.png

;)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

tuxfan

Technomancer
[deXter said:
]Ok, heres a free, open source alternative!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

@ bernie : Boot into Linux using Knoppix. Look for grub.conf in /etc of your HD installation and post the contents here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom