Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
While installind SuSE 10 on my portable USB HDD, after the 1st CD is installed the system reboots. After reebooting it gives an error which says

GRUB Gnoe Error

What is this error? Why am i not being able to install GRUB on my system?

prashanthmpai

Broken In
I dont know about the error but please check whether you have configured your GRUB loader when it asks for the configuration. Check the settings which it directly does when you start installing at the beginning.

Or try from the start of the first cd, when you get the options like install a new copy and repair the existing one(Not exactly like this) then select the option to repair. Click GRUB installer from there and see what happens later.

try this and post the result.

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
During the GRUB Configuration it gives some errors. When i tried to reinstall it, it failed again. What is the reason as the same CD when used on my friends computer, successfully installed. And no, i do not have any other Linux Distributions.

praka123

left this forum longback
Did u have a fedora2/3/4 first CD/DVD?fedora/RH 1st CD can be used to mount and fix any ext3 partitions.if your suse is on ext3,then boot fedora 1 cd , type linux rescue .mount the Linux partition by chroot /mnt/sysimage and grub-install /dev/hdx .where x is partn no.

prashanthmpai

Broken In
Which linux are you trying to install?

If it is redhat then this "*www.redhat.com/archives/ fedora-list/2004-April/msg02240.html - 4k" may help you.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I'm not sure but can it be because of his portable HDD. Maybe the grub is trying to install itself in the portable HDD instead of his internal HDD. I am not sure as I've never used portable HDD before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom