great graphics+ok proccy or ok graphics+great processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkapoor

Broken In
hi,all!
i have query on buying new computer hardware
should i get a gigabyte 7900gt and a dual core pentium 3.4ghz + 17inch crt
OR
should i get a gigabyte 7600gt and a core2duo e6400 + 19inch crt?

through which config will i get the most gaming?
all the parts will be the same

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
depends on the kinda games u expect ur system to run

if u r one of those weirdoos tryin DOOM at 1600*1200
maybe the first one

but i will definitely go for the second

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
koolkapoor said:
hi,all!
i have query on buying new computer hardware
should i get a gigabyte 7900gt and a dual core pentium 3.4ghz + 17inch crt
OR
should i get a gigabyte 7600gt and a core2duo e6400 + 19inch crt?

through which config will i get the most gaming?
all the parts will be the same

For gaming the graphics card is always 1st priority...spend on that, then use the rest..
and your e6300 will cost less than a D950, which is probably what you're buying (3.4 GHz)
^^ eh? $40 for the 7900GT, yeah right... his kids would be buying it then lol

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
its better to get a X1900Xt than a 7900GT......get 1GBX2 memory sticks.....for the processor...well...with a X1900XT and 2GB ram u can play all games even with a 3000+!! :D.....but....even a E6300 would be enough....I recommend...AM2 or 939 over the Conroe....coz for the Core 2 Duo not many good mobos r available.....there r very few and all r not good....

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
samrulez said:
its better to get a X1900Xt than a 7900GT......get 1GBX2 memory sticks.....for the processor...well...with a X1900XT and 2GB ram u can play all games even with a 3000+!! :D.....but....even a E6300 would be enough....I recommend...AM2 or 939 over the Conroe....coz for the Core 2 Duo not many good mobos r available.....there r very few and all r not good....

sez who mayte?? boards from asrock are available to budgeters... MSI 965's are cheap and plentiful. Intel's 965's are due in here any day...

Enthu's will look at boards like Asus's P5W and Gigabyte's Q965...

While I agree that the X1900XT is better AFA performance goes, still a few issues, and they do heat a lot. I've owned a lot of cards and find Nvidia to be more hassle free in general...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1900XT + overclocked 3000 is fine, but may not be fine at stock for quite a few games. overclocked to 2.2-2.4 which venice easily does.

Anyway,
The first one will be better.
1)Which 3.4 are you talking about, D8xx or X9xx?
2)Rather get X2 3800 instead of that CPU
each case buy 2GB RAM.

Last edited:

sysrq

Banned
get a kick-a$$ proccy+"7600gt or some thing like that" then upgrade to Dx-10 card 7600gt is more or less 6800ultra.
*futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164
suggesting 7600gt now coz there going to be mazor change in tech as dx-10 card released, also to save money[if applicable] for dx10 card.

Last edited:
OP
K

koolkapoor

Broken In
thanks a billion for all you help guys,finally, i decided to go for the following configuration(after taking all the help i got from this beautiful forum):
19inch viewsonic crt monitor
core2duo e6400
1gb ddr-II 667mhz corsair(i'll add another gb when i get good GPU)
geforce 6200TC(hehehehe,i decided to get a dx10 card when they come out instead and i got this card for 1600 bucks)
300gb maxtor SATA-II hard-drive
DVD-RW ASUS(can't remember model)
550 watt antec
ATX Cabinet
GIGABYTE MOBO
i got this config. for about rs.43,000
did i lose out somewhere?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
get E6300 and good card. Dx10 will take a yr to become mainstream in India, or alteast 9 months. That is the time period of an upgrade anyway, get a 7900GT now and upgrade later

OP
K

koolkapoor

Broken In
@AmbarD :i bought the monitor for 10,350 rupees and the mobo is GA-8I945PL-S3(rs.5130),oh,and your welcome
@akshayt :i just bought this computer yesterday so my parents might get angry if i already wan't to buy another graphics card
oh and what are the names of the DX10 cards?

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
akshayt said:
get E6300 and good card. Dx10 will take a yr to become mainstream in India, or alteast 9 months. That is the time period of an upgrade anyway, get a 7900GT now and upgrade later
He already bought a E6400. Do you want him to downgrade to a E6300? ;)
I don't think people in India can afford to upgrade their graphics card in 9 months. Certainly not after spending 17k on a 7900GT.

OP
K

koolkapoor

Broken In
hah!
i wish the choice was up to me!
I shudder to think what my parents would say if i asked them to get me ANOTHER computer part JUST THE NEXT DAY after i bought a brand new computer,especially when that part costs a stutteringly high 17K
P.s:are there any 30k+ cards available anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom