graphix processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick12

Broken In
guys i have come down to 6600gt for my graphix card but am a bit confused bout the specs

is it a 128bit 256mb card or a 128bit 128mb card??

also y are there different names i.e 6600ultra and so on...

also i have a pci-e based mobo with sli support

borg

In the zone
Its a 6600Gt with 128 MB. U can forget about the bit part, cause all the 6600GT are 128 bit. So don't worry about the bit thing.

Regarding ur second question, there are many variants of the 6600. There is the plain vanilla 6600, there is the 6600GT ( which is better) & as u said the 6600GT ultra (which is even better).

harish_21_10

In the zone
borg said:
Regarding ur second question, there are many variants of the 6600. There is the plain vanilla 6600, there is the 6600GT ( which is better) & as u said the 6600GT ultra (which is even better).
Hey borg,he asked the reason for the different types of variants of 6600 but not about how many types are available.

He wanted to know about what makes them different :roll:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@maverick 12 The naming pattern i.e like 6600 ultra,gt and so on is just to differentiate on the diff video memory or the pipelines or the chip and memory clock speeds that they are buit on.....nothin that special just that some have a decent amount of frame rates increase :lol:

Btw Since ur Mobo supports the PCI-E Architecture i assume that the 6600 gt u are up against is the PCI-E version as well :D

So then without any confusion the 6600 gt is a 128Mb directX9.0c 128-bit 8 pipelines based card and it(XFX Geforce 6600 Gt Pci-E Version) retails somewhere from 8k to 10k :wink:

But For ur mobo the best would be 6800 gt also if ur into heavy gamin but the cost.....hmmm better not to say or else u shall kill me......:wink: (pssst its 25k approx :lol: )

OP
M

maverick12

Broken In
graphix

thanx for that but the GT's it self are for the pci-X mobo.

now i was planning for the 6600gt from Nvidia itself but i heard that the XFx are better.Also are the XFX SLI ready??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: graphix

maverick12 said:
thanx for that but the GT's it self are for the pci-X mobo.

Didnt get ya here completely are u saying that the Gt's are Only Pci-E cards.....if so then There are Agp versions too Of 6600 Gt's :D

maverick12 said:
now i was planning for the 6600gt from Nvidia itself but i heard that the XFx are better.Also are the XFX SLI ready??

If Ur Mobo is perfect Compatible With The SLI Support Then Ya The XFX Geforce 6600Gt are SLI Ready.....U can Combine 2 6600Gt's to Give Ya a Power nearing to a 6800Gt.....But only time Will tell how much this will Be Popular :wink:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
My XFX 6600GT is working good for me . comes at stock speed of 500 MHz and 1000MHZ and clocked it to 545 and 1100 without any issues.
A better one is BFG 6600Gt but dont think will get that in India.
Stil got mine at 13K ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
freshseasons said:
My XFX 6600GT is working good for me . comes at stock speed of 500 MHz and 1000MHZ and clocked it to 545 and 1100 without any issues.
A better one is BFG 6600Gt but dont think will get that in India.
Stil got mine at 13K ...

hey fresshy been a long time since ya posted..... :)

Btw are u talkin about the AGP one Or The PCI-E One :?
cause The Dude up here Has a Pci-E Mobo :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom