graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I have graphics lab this year..Can I do this using gcc ?What is the header file..Is it graphics.h ?

I also have DBMS lab that uses Oracle as the database and VB as front end..Any way to use it in Linux..I know Oracle has a free version for Linux on their website..What about VB ?Will ajunta do ?

praka123

left this forum longback
In gcc,not yet heard of graphics.h,but ncurses library exists..

The ncurses (new curses) library is a free software emulation of curses in System V Release 4.0 and more. It uses terminfo format, supports pads and color and multiple highlights and forms charcters and function-key mapping, and has all the other SYSV-curses enhancements over BSD curses. It should port easily to any ANSI/POSIX-conforming UNIX-like system. On systems supporting libiconv, the library can be built to support wide- and multibyte-character applications, e.g., UTF-8.

The distribution includes the library and support utilities, including a terminfo compiler tic, a decompiler infocmp, clear, tput, tset, and a termcap conversion tool captoinfo.

*directory.fsf.org/libs/ncurses.html

for VB in Linux..i donknow...perhaps mono may help you...

*www.mono-project.com/Mono:About

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
@prakash..

It seems ncurses is not working...I am tlalking about a header file that can be used to draw stuff like circles,lines etc...Similar to the graphics.h header file in Turboc.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Whatever you're developing for, it's probably worth looking at
*www.libsdl.org/

A good library, supporting both audio and video, available for multiple OSes, is Allegro
*sunsite.dk/allegro/wip.html

For gnu/Linux, there always is the good old svgalib
*www.svgalib.org/

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Thanks mate...Its for my graphics lab in my college.We are working on Apple iMac`s using gcc.

praka123

left this forum longback
One guy is "long" developing graphics.h for Linux.See Below:
*plug.org.in/pipermail/plug-mail/2004-July/012651.html

*sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-linux/2000-q1/msg00083.html

*mm.ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20031006/012095.html

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
@ prakash

How is RHEL 4...I recently joined RHCE course with CISCO CCNA.Will they give me RHEL 4 with the materiala...How was the course

praka123

left this forum longback
I dont got my RHEL 4 2nd and 3rd books.got one pack of RHEL 4 WS CD's.I felt cheated joining this course in "Auth Centres".Infact i am preparing without those books.i got one ebook of RHCE exam prep guide by
Michael Jang,though it is for RHEL 3.Also My instructors left SE Linux and PAM portions in the Syllabus.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
@Satussh Sure.....Its in Nungambakam...My first class is on sunday...

Call them at 28263530 or Call Kavita on 9840982185 and tell her my name so you get the same discount price as me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom