graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaljohny

Right off the assembly line
i am having an ati radeonx600. when i play games doom3, quake 4,sniper elite the games use get stuck. i use to get a lot of error messages when turning off my computer. there is a lot of heat coming from my cpu. plsss tell me what to do. is there is any trouble with my graphics card?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Check your CPU temperature. If it is high then you'll need to add extra cooling. Tie up all loose wiring and cables and allow some free space in front of the heatsink.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
plz give the cpu temp, gpu temp along with the full config nd give more info bout the error messages u see while shutdown.

Last edited:
OP
donaljohny

donaljohny

aravind_n20 said:
plz give the cpu temp, gpu temp along with the full config nd give more info bout the error messages u see while shutdown.
the main error message i usually get while turn of my pc is "updater exe failed to initialize because windows is shuting down"and some thing like memory could not read. i only got this once but updater comes again and again.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It doesn't seems to an overheatin problem. Try reinstalling the mobo chipset, detonator[latest], sound, DirectX 9.0c latestSDK.
Use the softies like speedfan to check the cpu temp nd riva tuner to check the GPU temp.
Run riva tuner nd turn on hardware monitoring. Go play some games for 10min nd comeback nd see how much the temp did rise during gameplay nd post it here.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
It is probably a Prescott.
Post temps using speedfan.
Open the case and run the game.
Try better after market CPU cooling if that is the case.

OP
donaljohny

donaljohny

aravind_n20 said:
It doesn't seems to an overheatin problem. Try reinstalling the mobo chipset, detonator[latest], sound, DirectX 9.0c latestSDK.
Use the softies like speedfan to check the cpu temp nd riva tuner to check the GPU temp.
Run riva tuner nd turn on hardware monitoring. Go play some games for 10min nd comeback nd see how much the temp did rise during gameplay nd post it here.
i runned a game lotr2 with speed fan and the temp 1 was 55 and temp 2 was 54
when i run quake4 it use to get stuck same effect like running a scratch dvd. wat the hell is this?????????????????????????

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
plz give ur config nd say which power supply do ya have?
@drvarunmehta
I think if its the problem with PSU then the PC wouldve restarted or went off, but lagging like that seems to be some slowGPU, mem or CPU. [correct me if im wrong].

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The PC needs maximum power when playing games, thats why these lockups only happen while playing games. The PSU can't supply enough power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom