Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexus

Banned
Hi Folks,

I've a P4 2.4, 512 RAM, with onboard 32MB Display. However, I'm not able to play Halo, NFS Underground and those games when I've some free time.

I think I need a Graphic Card. Which Card should I get and what's it price approximately?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
good. now i think that it probably supports agp 4x. look here:
*www.intel.com/design/chipsets/845/
now u need 2 find out which cards u can buy. what's ur budget???? and i think there is a post in the hardware section dealing with graphics cards. u check it out. but any 4x card will do. u could an 8x card but u cannot realize its full potential on a 4x slot.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
OpenXS specify ur budget ........

@Nemesis: getting a AGP 8x card and putting it in a AGP 4x slot wudnt make mcuh of a difference in the fps.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Hey, my friend has th same mobo and he uses th onboard gfx. NFS UG runs perfectly on his comp. Do u get some error while running those games ?

OP
H

Hexus

Banned
blade_runner,

I'm not a gamer actually, but, to sometimes I feel like playin those much-hyped-and-reviewed games. I'd keep it under Rs.3k. Sorry, but I dont know if thats too low, but I havent actually bought a card before. What would a 32mb, 64mb and 128mb card cost approx?

Kl@w-24,
It doesnt show anything, just returns to my desktop each time I run the file.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Try installing th latest drivers for ur onboard gfx and install latest ver. of Direct-X. Both games u mentioned r Direct-X based. Have u tried any Open-GL based games like MOHAA or Call Of Duty, and does it happen with those games too ?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
U can get a fx5200 for a little over 3k. Its dx9 complaint and will suit ur need and budget. JAK is selling his MSI fx 5200 @ 2.8 which is a good deal.

OP
H

Hexus

Banned
Kl@w-24,

I'm NO Gamer, I've no Idea bout those things. I rarely play games. I used to Play Age Of Empires and The Sims. They seem to work fine on all PCS, but newer games require more resources I suppose and I think I must get an entry level card now.

blade_runner,
Fine. Will get an FX5200 and I' prefer a brand new card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom