Graphics card for windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I am short of money and i want to buy a graphics card for Windows Vista
will nvidia mx 4000 serve the purpose or FX 5200.Tell me the prices of both.Both have Direct x 9 support?don't they?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
A 'true' Vista compliant card should have DirectX 10 and currently no card in the market supports this.
Both MX 4000 and FX 5200 are really underpowered. If you must have a card now take atleast a Geforce 6600 or above.
Also tell us if you have a AGP or PCI-E slot and post your budget.

jay4u

In the zone
ya... a 6600 GT will do for most of the works.... vista will run very smoothly with aero enabled.........

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Any DX 9.0c compilant card will be able to RUN vista without technical issues.
But the performance depends on the cards power..get a eForce series 6 card atleast.
From the options u have providied, it looks as if u have a pci or agp slot. In that case, GeForce 6200 seems to be the most economical option( AGP)

G

gxsaurav

even a FX5700 non ultra is enough to run windows vista with aero enabled, with 128 MB RAM

by the time vista releases, 6600 non ultra will be quite cheap, so u better wait

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
All the directX 9.0C compliant graphics card with atleast 128MB of onboard VRAM, will work perfectly with Vista,provided all the effects enabled too.

But if the limit is concerned, then you could even run vista with your grandpa MX400 64MB graphics card!:wink:

A

ASH_DSG

Hi,
If u have a AGP slot or PCI-E slot try to use AtiRadeon X800(Agp) or Radeon X1600(PCI-E) or nvidia 6600 GT or 6200 (Agp) or nvidia 6800 or 7200 (PCI-E). As how much money u can spend

robin345

Broken In
IMO you rather wait for Windows Vista to be released before making any such desicions b`coz Microsoft still haven`t given any minimum requirements fro Windows Vista .Like I bought G-forece 6200(256ram ) few days back since i will upgrade my comp next year to match for Windows Vista .

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
for running vista with aero enabled 6200 is enough......
in 6200 there r two versions
6200 128 / 256
6200 128 TC
so which u want also which make/manufacturer u want....

as far i know 6200 Tc is abt 2500 Rs in lamington road manufacturer is BIG
but some say BIG is not a good manufacture..
so the price may vary from 100 - 500 depending upon the manufacturer

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Which is cheaper 6200 (128 MB) or 6200 TC (128 MB) ?Coz I'm not a gamer.I just want to run Vista smoothly.How much does XFX cost?

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
6200 128 mb is cheaper....
with 6200 128 TC u can share ur physical ram increasing the graphic ram till 256 mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom