graphic problem?????? help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiceluvver

Broken In
well i would like discuss a problem related to my computers with u all guys.......

recently i have bout my pc...its config is 256 ram......80 gb hdd n my onboard graphics was 64 mb

now recently wen i open dxdiag ........... i saw my onboard graphics is 16 mb ......i was shocked ....
so i will like to know about ur views ....

paul_007

Padawan
in some intel chipset based onboard motherboards there is a limit of sharing ram for video memory . for eg if u r having 256 mb memory then ur onboard then u mightnot b able to share more than 16mb , when u will add more memory ur onboard memory will automatically increase to 64 mb

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
For Intel M/B. may differ for other m/b

RE-ALLOCATE/resize the OnBoard Gfx RAM.
You can do this by going to BIOS->Advanced->Video Memory->Press Enter.

In the sub-screen you'll have lot of choices(e.g-8/0/120/128, 8/0/56/64) in the following manner=="Pre Allocated/Fixed/DVMT/Total Video Memory".
It works like this-- Pre-allocated+Fixed+DVMT=Total Vid. Mem.
Select a setting in which you have a Total Video Memory of 64MB,.... FIXED Memory should always be ZERO. (until unless you have more than 512MB RAM),
you can also increase the total gfx mem. to 128MB if your M/B supports it.(most probably it would, but stick to 64MB, as most game would run fine in this setting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom