Graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippi

Broken In
I have P4 768MB SDRAM 1.6GHz pc with Apollo Sis 315 128MB graphic card . i am going to buy simcity 4 but before that i need to know ether it will work on my graphic card
i dont have its demo and cant download one being a dial up user
plz help

Also my graphic card has 128MB memory but my both os ME and XP show only 64MB.For both i have latest drivers of graphic card.I have
directX9.0c installed
what can be the problem.
also i have one spare NVDIA RIVA TNT2 32MB card .which oone is better sis315 or tnt2 :?:

Also what does directX9 compatibility means

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A SiS 315 is much faster than a TNT2 M64 and roughly comparable to a TNT2 Pro/Ultra or a GeForce2 MX200. It also supports T&L and trilinear filtering which the GF2 MX and TNT2 series do not.

It is a low-end card by gaming standards, so I have not personally tested it with any demanding games, but it's a decent low-budget card and quite usable with many games at low settings, though the tests I ran were brief and cursory. Don't know about its playability with Simcity 4, sorry.

ironcross77

Broken In
ofcourse the sis 315 is better than the tnt.

Simcity 4 will play fine on computer with your config. With all the bells and whistles turned on you will just have to keep the resolution of the game to 800*600 . Go ahead buy the game.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
When you boot just check for the Mb of the graphic card. The Display on screen which shows the graphic information before the bios. Tell how how many Mb 's are shown there. If its still showing 64Mb there too then propably you have a blown 64 mb ram chip on graphic card. Try running the ram chips with Isopropyl Alcohol ..all of them and then check if it shown 128 mb .
Sim4 is not much of a demanding Game on graphic's so any of the card will do . Even the one of which you have lost 64 mb ram is ok as with 64mb its still better than Riva TNT .
Good luck!

OP
H

hippi

Broken In
thax guys i will buy sim4 now

but for ram problem of graphic card there is no screen before bios screen for sis315 card.but for tnt2 card there was that screen and was showing 32mb .but still my xp and ME was showing 16 mb only that is half of the available memory.
so i am confused where can be the problem

OP
H

hippi

Broken In
also my graphic card and motherboard supports AGP 4X but still with latest driver for sis315 it was showing AGP 2X only .
What is the solution

OP
H

hippi

Broken In
can u tell me how to enable AGP 4X from bios as i dont see any option there . I only see AGP aperture size which i have set to 256.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
That option is presented in different ways in different BIOSes. I don't know which motherboard you use and in any case, I'm less familiar with Intel boards than with AMD systems. It's usually under the advanced chipset features page.

In any case, you don't have to allocate as much as 256MB for AGP aperture size. That's only in case the gfx card does not have enough memory to handle the video information. 64MB is quite adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom