Graphic Card woe!!

pranav.seth

Journeyman
hi guys,
my friend wants to buy a fast graphic card ASAP which can play a wide range of games at good res. in the range of 8k(max.) he has a C2d proccy. (2.2Ghz) and 1 gb ram. Which card should he go in for? He also wants to upgrade his ram to 4gb (Which Company????). He has a 240vlt SMPS so will it need to be upgraded? ( What should be the company that is gud for indian standards and what voltage?)
THANKS A LOT ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hi guys,
my friend wants to buy a fast graphic card ASAP which can play a wide range of games at good res. in the range of 8k(max.) he has a C2d proccy. (2.2Ghz) and 1 gb ram. Which card should he go in for? He also wants to upgrade his ram to 4gb (Which Company????). He has a 240vlt SMPS so will it need to be upgraded? ( What should be the company that is gud for indian standards and what voltage?)
THANKS A LOT ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

Card: any HD5670 with 512Mb.
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W (whichever is cheaper).
ram: proccy speed too low. 2Gb ram will be sufficient. get Kingston. however i'll suggest upgrade processor or at least he should try OC it.

ajai5777

Youngling
That proccy deosnt deserve a 8k card.
2GB ram is necesary and 4Gb is recommended.
go for PSU's that Sam suggested
HD 5670 512MB is 5.3k even with that gaming wont be good in a 2.2Ghz C2D.

Adding 4Gb ddr2 and a 8k GPU is waste in that rig.
A new cheaper AMD rig is recommended.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That proccy deosnt deserve a 8k card.
2GB ram is necesary and 4Gb is recommended.
go for PSU's that Sam suggested
HD 5670 512MB is 5.3k even with that gaming wont be good in a 2.2Ghz C2D.

Adding 4Gb ddr2 and a 8k GPU is waste in that rig.
A new cheaper AMD rig is recommended.

does that proccy really deserve 4Gb ram? it'll b like (in friendly sense) feeding an Elephants meal to a pet animal. best option is simple, new rig or OC to 2.8Ghz. 2.2Ghz X2? ultimately it'll suck.

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
what is 240 volt smps

everything in india range b/w 220v to 240v what we do with that yaar
tell us the amperage or the watts or model and company name.

just get a graphic card for not more than 4k
if not want to upgrade right now then wait for 2011 lots of new revolutionary things are waiting

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Card: any HD5670 with 512Mb.
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W (whichever is cheaper).
ram: proccy speed too low. 2Gb ram will be sufficient. get Kingston. however i'll suggest upgrade processor or at least he should try OC it.

Good suggestion for that rig:mrgreen:

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
If you will carefully see the PSU (SMPS or whatever) then you will see the power is written in VOLTS AND NOT WATTS (atleast in mine it is in volts), I know what is a PSU is thats why i have written PSU else i could have written power supply..........

Zangetsu

If you will carefully see the PSU (SMPS or whatever) then you will see the power is written in VOLTS AND NOT WATTS (atleast in mine it is in volts), I know what is a PSU is thats why i have written PSU else i could have written power supply..........

I havent seen rating of a PSU(power supply unit) in volts...mine was 250watts psu....:-o

its power not...current....or voltage.....all psu will work on same voltage...:|

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
check this out KaranTh85.The picture is not clear as i took it by my cell phone. It would be quite dark and would have a comment "for digitians :)"
*www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17094&id=117620324930523#!/album.php?aid=17094&id=117620324930523

Zangetsu

check this out KaranTh85.The picture is not clear as i took it by my cell phone. It would be quite dark and would have a comment "for digitians :)"
*www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17094&id=117620324930523#!/album.php?aid=17094&id=117620324930523

ok...just now u just learn physics.....& recollect this...

Current,Voltage, & power units :mrgreen:
& the volts u r saying is the input voltage it needs.....but it gives power to other components (HDD,RAM,Proccy etc) is in watts...now u get the point...

it POWER whose unit is WATT dats y we call it POWER SUPPLY UNIT:evil:

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
if it is so then why do companies say " it has low power consumption of only 1.2 volts " why volts ........ why not watts then???? In some places i have seen it in watts and in some places volts......... Plz guys do not mock me......i am in 9th class and have not even heard these terms!!!!

Zangetsu

if it is so then why do companies say " it has low power consumption of only 1.2 volts " why volts ........ why not watts then???? In some places i have seen it in watts and in some places volts......... Plz guys do not mock me......i am in 9th class and have not even heard these terms!!!!

dude....if u r confused with volts & watts...then go 2 any PC shop & ask for a
1000volts PSU.....

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
ok...just now u just learn physics.....& recollect this...

Current,Voltage, & power units :mrgreen:
& the volts u r saying is the input voltage it needs.....but it gives power to other components (HDD,RAM,Proccy etc) is in watts...now u get the point...

it POWER whose unit is WATT dats y we call it POWER SUPPLY UNIT:evil:

Yes.... I guess you were right.....i cleared this confusion.Thanks for this.....

ajai5777

Youngling

Time to learn some physics :mrgreen:

Power(watts) = Voltage (volt) X current (Ampere)
For domestic power supply, in india voltage is fixed to 230.Then power is directly proportional to current.So low power consumption means it requires less current.

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
@pranav

never attended school kya

don't no the difference b/w volts and watts

i asked for amps so i can multiply it by your voltage and get the resultant power.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

whats in telling us about your voltage dude
that is same across all over india

Top Bottom