Graphic Card Problem. Please Help

Discussion in 'Graphic cards' started by Polter, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polter

Polter New Member

I'm using a PIV CPU 2.40 GHZ with 376 MB RAM with 64 MB Intel 82845G Graphics contoller, along with windows XP SP2. my motherboard model is 81845GVM - R2. I've also downloaded and used the latest drivers but whenever I try to run games such as Vitual Pool 3 or Mafia, the system hangs and I have to reboot. Can anyone help me out?

2. OP
    OP
    Polter

Polter New Member

I'm using a PIV CPU 2.40 GHZ with 376 MB RAM with 64 MB Intel 82845G Graphics contoller, along with windows XP SP2. my motherboard model is 81845GVM - R2. I've also downloaded and used the latest drivers but whenever I try to run games such as Vitual Pool 3 or Mafia, the system hangs and I have to reboot. Can anyone help me out?

3. sysfilez

sysfilez Welcome To The Jungle

u r using an onboard graphic and having this problem. does the system freezes while playing other game titles? pls elaborate more.

4. s18000rpm

s18000rpm ಠ_ಠ

=>are you sure that your system hangs.
    =>or does your screen stays Blank.
    try to bring up the TaskManager, (press-Ctrl+Alt+Del, if it doesnt show up, press-Alt+Tab. & then "End" the game's process.

if it stays blank, then i think the game is taking time to Load.
    ( this used to happen, whenever i start NFS MW,-the screen would stay blank for 5 mins.)

=>if this doesnt help, You may have a CODEC installed (third party), which is causing this problem.

OR maybe your Gfx. Drivers or DirectX files may have gotten Corrupt.,

5. s18000rpm

s18000rpm ಠ_ಠ

6. jz2linkinpark

jz2linkinpark New Member

what is this bull man? there is already a huge thread with tons of people just waiting to answer your question in the hardware troubleshooting section but u still post to whole threads...in different sections that too?
    read the rules!:) and virtual pool even hangs with my rig.....but all other games work well...but i don't know about mafia, so try some other games and tell us if they work

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  7. Third Eye

Third Eye gooby pls

please check your ram..this problem happened to me and the culprit was the ram...

8. OP
    OP
    Polter

Polter New Member

Thanks guys. Problem is everything works fine with my VIA motherboard using a Athlon XP CPU. Used the same RAM card, same OS etc...no problem at all. It's the intel motherboard that gives me trouble playing games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.