Graphic Card Problem. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polter

Broken In
I'm using a PIV CPU 2.40 GHZ with 376 MB RAM with 64 MB Intel 82845G Graphics contoller, along with windows XP SP2. my motherboard model is 81845GVM - R2. I've also downloaded and used the latest drivers but whenever I try to run games such as Vitual Pool 3 or Mafia, the system hangs and I have to reboot. Can anyone help me out?

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
I'm using a PIV CPU 2.40 GHZ with 376 MB RAM with 64 MB Intel 82845G Graphics contoller, along with windows XP SP2. my motherboard model is 81845GVM - R2. I've also downloaded and used the latest drivers but whenever I try to run games such as Vitual Pool 3 or Mafia, the system hangs and I have to reboot. Can anyone help me out?

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
u r using an onboard graphic and having this problem. does the system freezes while playing other game titles? pls elaborate more.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
=>are you sure that your system hangs.
=>or does your screen stays Blank.
try to bring up the TaskManager, (press-Ctrl+Alt+Del, if it doesnt show up, press-Alt+Tab. & then "End" the game's process.

if it stays blank, then i think the game is taking time to Load.
( this used to happen, whenever i start NFS MW,-the screen would stay blank for 5 mins.)

=>if this doesnt help, You may have a CODEC installed (third party), which is causing this problem.

OR maybe your Gfx. Drivers or DirectX files may have gotten Corrupt.,

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
HEY "Polter", why are you posting same question, in diffrnt section? :x

you have posted same thing in "Gamerz" section too.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=332081#post332081

for this kind (Hardware or gfx. related) stuffs, post it in "Hardware Troubleshooting" section. :)

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
what is this bull man? there is already a huge thread with tons of people just waiting to answer your question in the hardware troubleshooting section but u still post to whole threads...in different sections that too?
read the rules!:) and virtual pool even hangs with my rig.....but all other games work well...but i don't know about mafia, so try some other games and tell us if they work

Last edited:
OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Thanks guys. Problem is everything works fine with my VIA motherboard using a Athlon XP CPU. Used the same RAM card, same OS etc...no problem at all. It's the intel motherboard that gives me trouble playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom