graphic card memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
dear friends

i have intel desktop motherboard d845gvsr, will any one plz tell me the memory i.e 32 mb or 64 mb of the graphic card that came bundled with my motherboard?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Onboard graphics built in with a motherboard do not come with memory of their own (there may be a very few exceptions). It uses a part of the system memory (the memory you install on the motherboard) as the graphics memory.

The amount of memory it can use as the graphics memory depends on the chipset. IIRC, the 845 chipset can use upto 8MB as the graphics memory. If you have 128MB total memory installed, you can allocate 8MB for the graphics, leaving 120MB for the system. If you set 1MB for graphics, you'll have 127MB for the rest of the system.

Note: I'm not too sure about the max graphics memory size for an 845. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
hi
go to ur motherboard's bios (press del or F2 when ur comp starts up)
once u enter bios look for an entry like:
"shared video memory" or something...change that value to watever u want (8/16/32/64)

P.S. ur sig scares me :p

theraven

Technomancer
increasing agp aperture size in bios wont help beyond 64
change the size according to ur needs and this grpahics memnory will be taken from ur physical memory

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
theraven said:
increasing agp aperture size in bios wont help beyond 64
change the size according to ur needs and this grpahics memnory will be taken from ur physical memory

HEY! WITH MY MOTHERBOARD CAN I PLAY ALL THE GAMES LIKE DOOM3, HALF LIFE 2 ETC WITHOUT THE NEED OF GRAPHIC CARD.

asdf1223

Journeyman
doom3 no,hl2 yes if ur ram is 512+(also runs in 256 but extremely crappy(pun!).if u seriously want enjoy the game get a gfx card.run dxdiag from start menu-run.it should tell u about the onboard vga memory(or simply
if ur ram is above 128 it allots 64 mb.if its below and equal to 128 it allots 32)
incase ur motherboard doesnt have a agp slot pci version of an fx5200 is also
available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom