graphic card for animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

savithk

Journeyman
i want to buy graphic card for 3D animation . iam useing this software Maya
, SOFtIMAGE XSI , 3D MAX. My comfig is AMD 64 2800+ ASUS K8V-MX . 512 RAM . 80GB . please help me . i talk to many computer reseller they told me they have XFX GeForce 6200 256 MB AGP 8X . and XFX GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP 8X. so please tell me which is better ?????

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
If your primary purpose is animation only..then i suggest you look out for Quadro cards..! If you want..i can give u the details regarding the appropriate card. Depends up to you.
On the other side,if you want to stick with the Geforce series,then do look out for 6600 vanilla with 256MB of VRam!
Or if you want better in short terms..then ask your dealer about the plushed version of 6600 with DDR2 ram chips. This card is just awesome,though you might not get the AGP version so easily...now.

OP
savithk

savithk

Journeyman
please give me ur Suggestion about any other card ???? i talk to many computer reseller they told me they have XFX GeForce 6200 256 MB AGP 8X . and XFX GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP 8X. so please tell me which is better ?????

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
i suggest geforce 7950 GX2,and you should also change your hardware to semthing like:
2gb ddr-800mhz
core2duo e6600
asus p5w dh
if you can afford software like 3ds max,then you can obviously get this kind of hardware...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
If your primary purpose is just for animation then you should go for nvidia 6200 but i'll recommend you should atleast buy nvidia 6600.

jigslinx

Broken In
Mayanksharma is right. None of the grphics card such as NVIDIA or ATI are for animation purposes. Quadro cards are tailored for this kind of jobs. NVIDIA and ATI cards are gaming cards. If you are sure you want the card for animation then i will suggest to get Quadro cards.

OP
savithk

savithk

Journeyman
ya Quadro's card is good but i think it is cosly iam a home user i can go Rs 3.500 to 5.000 my buget . any idea for Quadro's card for Rs 4.000 to 5.000 range...

OP
savithk

savithk

Journeyman
buy ASUS nvidia Geforce EN..6600 AGP card computer reseller told me it is
AGP card when i try to put that card into motherboard card AGP slot is
big...and is not fitting into mothboard AGP slot. then ...reseller told me
it is new AGP for new motherboard.i dont no about new AGP. i told him i
need a AGP 8 X. ASUS K8V-MX User Guide it show that slot support AGP 8X (
3.0 ) . so please give me some idea which card is support for K8V-MX. and
other thing ATI X1300PRo this model is available in PCI version not AGP
version. i search in net. My budget is 5.000 to 6.000 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom