Graphic Card for AMD-64 BIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

khemkarahul

Broken In
I'm planning to buy an AMD-64bit(Athlon XP) based system with ASUS K8N-E Deluxe motherboard.
The online review of the above motherboard says that it supports 8X graphic card.
PLease tell me whether or not a 4X graphic card will support the same motherboard.
Also suggest me some good quality decent priced 8X graphic card

suave_guy

pedal to metal
yes the motherboard works in 8X mode but u shud not be bothered about this....reasons:
1. Motherboard is backward compatible with graphic card which works in 4x mode.... so no compatibility issues...
2. 4X is more of a depleted technology now and chances are that u wont be buying 4x card anyway.... and the cards i'm going to suggest u works in 8X mode itself....so no need to worry....

so u need a good quality n decently priced card....well go for ati radeon card they offer better value for money than their nvidia counterparts....
1. Ati Radeon 9600 SE, 128MB DDR, priced arnd. Rs.5000...this card offers best value and the performance is also decent, will play all the latest games at medium settings...

2. Ati Radeon 9600 Pro, 256MB DDR, priced arnd. Rs.8500-Rs.9000....consider this card if u wish to play games at slightly higher settings...

ENjoy....

Sourabh

Laptoping
akshayt said:
performance=****

dude stop spamming

and wht did u say abt performance of these cards??

cr@p or fugg ?? or which otehr 4 letter word??

if u say that a 9600 pro is that then u need a del *.* /y

OP
K

khemkarahul

Broken In
Lik..My old system has a Nvidia TNT2 32 MB card..Will be able to use that card on this ASUS K8N-E Deluxe motherboard.
I'm thinkin to wait for sometime to get a new 3D card.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
TNT2 32 should work I think. Like the others said 4X will work in an 8X but with 4X speeds. So I dont see any issues.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
khemkarahul said:
Lik..My old system has a Nvidia TNT2 32 MB card..Will be able to use that card on this ASUS K8N-E Deluxe motherboard.
I'm thinkin to wait for sometime to get a new 3D card.
Shud work mostly. Also the 6600GT is worth getting. Its arnd 11.3k but shud last you for quite some time and gives reasonably gr8 performance.

premrajeev

Journeyman
yeah man tnt will work with the mobo..but hey dude..why go for tnt when ur mobo have inbuit geforce 2/3/4 graphic core in it..go for Asus nforce mobo which is not so costly...nd a vice choice if u dont wanna invest in a graphic card 4 sometime...

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Guys the riva tnt2 32 MB asus make does not work with the linux nvidia driver 6110 onwards. When starting X server the nvidia splash screen comes and then the setup hangs. This is the main reason i too am trying to get a better card for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom