GRAND COMBINATION - POSSIBLE OR NOT...?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
GRAND COMBINATION - POSSIBLE OR NOT...?????

LAPTOP - USING ONLY MONITOR + KEYBOARD + MOUSE (SEPARATELY USB ATTACHED)

PLUS

DESKTOP COMPUTER CASE/CABINET ONLY - CONSISTING OF MOTHERBOARD, HARD DISK, RAM

Respected Tech gurus nerds and dear friends

Well I am having a desktop presently with 2 GB of RAM. (I am very soon upgrading to 4 GB of RAM) Also I have 400 GB hard disk with certain heavy applications like SAP, Oracle, CRM, XI, Netweaver etc on it. Also I use 915 Intel cheapset.

Now I am habituated to this high end machine.

However the laptop has just 40 Gb of hard disk and 256 MB of Ram.

WHAT I AM PLANNING:

I want to just carry in my suitcase the cabinet (consisting of 915 Intel Motherboard + 4 GB RAM + 400 GB HDD).

AND i want to use my laptop's monitor, keyboard and mouse (usb attached)....along with the above cabinet

MY QUESTION:

CAN I REPLACE DESKTOP'S MONITOR/KEYBOARD WITH LAPTOP....?????????

Hope i have been able to express my requirements...??

Plz reply with suggestions/ ideas/ways................

regards

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

geekysage

Journeyman
WTF are you talking about? If i remember it rite, it was you who started a similar thread earlier this year.

Anyway, from what i *could* understand, you can use your laptop's screen as a desktop monitor if your laptop has any kinda video input port. If it doesn't, you can buy a USB TV Tuner, connect it to the laptop, upgrade the graphics card in your desktop and then attach the desktop to the laptop. But wait...why the hell would you want to carry a desktop in a suitcase? :shock:

You (pardon me if it wasn't you) already discussed the possibility of building a high-end UPS to carry around with you in train :shock: , so i will not go into that.

Man, one of us has to be crazy coz i feel this is completely absurd. You should instead buy a hi-end laptop (sell your old one and the desktop) with an additional battery and you have the same performance with portability. This would be the logical choice considering your requirements.

himtuna

Journeyman
I have to read it twice so as to understand your desire.
... aaa let me just think . You want to carry your high end desky in a suitecase to every place. You want to convert it into a portable desktop. A noble thought, I'm sure this will catch the eyes of IBM and HP.
Well if I am right.
You can do away with mouse and keyboard. Just spent few bugs on buying a tiny-teeny muose and sweet-little keboard, offcourse you can connect them to cabinet hidden inside the suitecase.
As far as the screen is concerned buy 10" LCD screen or any suitable.
Then you need not to carry your laptop.

Give more discription of your Lapy & desky, so that peole can tell the exact gadgets that you require.

Good advice by geekysage
buy a high-end laptop and batteries.

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
hi first of all thanks for replying...

"Anyway, from what i *could* understand, you can use your laptop's screen as a desktop monitor if your laptop has any kinda video input port. If it doesn't, you can buy a USB TV Tuner, connect it to the laptop, upgrade the graphics card in your desktop and then attach the desktop to the laptop. "

wonderful idea man..... :D :D :D

thanks again to both of u for taking time to reply with ur valuable comments its appreciated....

anyone willing to add anything.............

regards

sunando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom