GPRS on excel Prepaid................

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidyweb

Broken In
hi,
i m excel prepaid cellular service user.recently,in kolkata n rest of west bengal,excel has started 2 provide its GPRS service.in kolkata only portal service is available(i.e.,only 1 site cellone.in can b accessed) in rest of WB GPRS is available wid its full accesibility 2 all sites.now i use SE T230 handset n activated the portal service as my SIM is of kol.i ve been stayng outside kolkata 4 a month(at the time of activation till now) but in WB.the network is providing wid the GPRS as its shown on my cell.But,i vent got the settings yet.They say,they ve sent it twice,but i didnt get that.so,i tried 2 enter it manually 1st by getting info 4m a bsnl site(but,thr wz no settings 4 T230 but 4 T630 instead,but twaz similar).but,that didnt work,then i got info 4m customer care,that didnt work 2.when i try 2 connect,it displays
"GPRS parameters not supported".can u guyz help me in this context?

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
hi spidyweb i am also an user of excel .so i wanted to know from u how u have activated ur gprs.i have send an sms by wrting PORTAL but it have been 5 days i had not yet received any sms from bsnl.when i call the customer care they said that send an sms (portal)to 3733.i also tried the setting from bsnl.co.in but all gone to hell.U told that outside kolkata we havve acess to all sites ,what does outside kkolkata mean is it like siliguri,darjelingor diamond harbour? and i had nokia 6020 so if u had any settings for this phone plz inform me(shyamno@rediffmail.com)

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
but i called bsnl customer care centre and they told me to send a sms "PORTAL" to 3733 and its free to activate BSNL'S GPRS i.e. i would n't have to pay any price to activate my GPRS. I also wanted to know if I can browse any side after activation of my GPRS (BSNL SERVICE)

OP
S

spidyweb

Broken In
hi,
outside kolkata means rest of west bengal.in that case,u ve 2 send GPRS to 3733 to activate,rs 50 wud b deducted.no monthly charge,only 10 paisa/kb download.u can access all sites.
but,in kolkata only portal service is thr.only one site is accesible,no mms,no activation charge,but the download charge is same.the application form is required in case of postpaid(i guess).bsnl is very lazy 2 send the feedback,so u must keep patiance.
(whether its settings or whether its activation acknowledgement,contact with the customer n tell them 2 give the settings manually).i did the APN given by them wz wrong.but u must try n give us here the feedback.
u can try the url
*www.kolkata.bsnl.co.in/gprs.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom