GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) a new BOON

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_joy

Right off the assembly line
GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a new BOON :lol: in remote parts of India for Internet access. There are many places in India which doesnot have a landline connection but has Cellular signal. in these places the only way to be connected is through WAP or Mobile Internet, Thanks ! to BSNL. As the mother company the tarriff are very Attractive. Also the facility to roam All over India is an added benefit. with latest trend and approval for 3G network :roll: by TRAI it will increase many fold. With more stable,secured and more bandwith it will also help in developing the Rural India Image. :p

expertno.1

Technomancer
HEY i am one of them !

i use my GPRS phone to use internet for free
althought we have broadbands and dialups but this service is free

very good

mohit

The Hardware Labs
reliance also has some r-connect wireless access card which allows u to use the internet all over the country where there is signal reception. it is a nice small device and a good buy for frequent travellers. the only thing is it is costly around 10 k i guess and the reliance internet speed sux big time now. the tariff is also expensive though 1500/- p.m for unlimited usage and 650/- for 1 gb transfer limit.

paid

Journeyman
What is the speed on GPRS thru Airtel and BSNL and is there any advantage using EDGE Phone for browsing Internet on computer?

Airtel is providing Mobile Office at 600/- in Lucknow and HUTCH GPRS is @ 99/- monthly, BSNL @ 350/- which is better?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm...

paid said:
What is the speed on GPRS thru Airtel and BSNL and is there any advantage using EDGE Phone for browsing Internet on computer?

Airtel is providing Mobile Office at 600/- in Lucknow and HUTCH GPRS is @ 99/- monthly, BSNL @ 350/- which is better?
Airtel for 600--> Both wap sites and PC browsing using ur phone as the modem . Unlimited. Speeds--> around 32kbps.

Hutch for 99--> just wap sites (unlimited) via ur mob.

Hutch for rs. 129 PM + 1.20 rs per mb transfered --> Both wap sites and PC browsing using ur phone as the modem . Same speed as airtel.

EDGe speeds --> 120kbps+

paid

Journeyman
Thanks drgrudge I feel that Nokia 3220 alongwith Airtel connection should be a wiser choice as u said speed in edge phone should be 120Kb+ I will go for this.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Re: Hmm...

drgrudge said:
paid said:

Airtel for 600--> Both wap sites and PC browsing using ur phone as the modem . Unlimited. Speeds--> around 32kbps.

Hutch for rs. 129 PM + 1.20 rs per mb transfered --> Both wap sites and PC browsing using ur phone as the modem . Same speed as airtel.

EDGe speeds --> 120kbps+
Posting from my pc using hutch gprs@99,u can surf the web download small files less than 1mb.But No emule,bittorrent,IM's,flashget.Getting speeds of 4-7 KB/sec through GPRS

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mAYHEM said:
Posting from my pc using hutch gprs@99,u can surf the web download small files less than 1mb
Ohh! I knew we can but it's very small amount and u will feel irritated... and i dint know hutch allowed these PC browsing for 100rs.

suhasingale

Journeyman
expertno.1 said:
HEY i am one of them !

i use my GPRS phone to use internet for free
althought we have broadbands and dialups but this service is free

very good
Which mobile operator is providing u free GPRS in india?

suhasingale

Journeyman
Re: Hmm...

mAYHEM said:
drgrudge said:
paid said:

EDGe speeds --> 120kbps+
Posting from my pc using hutch gprs@99,u can surf the web download small files less than 1mb.But No emule,bittorrent,IM's,flashget.Getting speeds of 4-7 KB/sec through GPRS

In mumbai Airtel GPRS for PC browsing only Rs 200/pm. Gr8 na.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom