GPRS EDGE Phone for Yahoo chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I need to buy a EDGE enabled phone primarily for Yahoo Messenger (on Airtel). I will be here in India just for a month, so I need something cheap. I have a SE W880 which is not supported by Airtel instant messaging.

Any suggestions from instant messaging users will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I need tips / pointers on how Yahoo IM works on mobile. Do I need to be connected constantly to appear online?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
SE W880 why it is not supported by Airtel. It will of course be supported. Which city are you going to be in? If it is in Chennai, there is an unlimited GPRS plan for Rs.75 per week. Download MOrange to your phone and chat on Yahoo messenger. MOrange is there for virtually any Java phone.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Which state will you visit? In Delhi on Airtel live, you get 30 day free trial of Yahoo mail and messenger (You don't have to pay even a single paisa for surfing Airtel live either) So you can use any GPRS enabled phone to use yahoo messenger absolutely free in Delhi. Don't know whether available in all parts of country or not. So no need to buy a new phone.

Pathik

Google Bot
If u are going to use Mobile Office then get any s60 fone.. For IMs..
The other wap versions of the messengers suck..

expertno.1

Technomancer
pathiks said:
If u are going to use Mobile Office then get any s60 fone.. For IMs..
The other wap versions of the messengers suck..

dude there isn't any need to get s60 phones

just install mig33 a java app and start chatting on yahoo

Migg33
*www.mig33.com/images/global/mig33_logo_scratch.gif

many many yahoo java IM's are available also

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

OP
K

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
Thanks for the pointers. I'm in Mangalore. Will download Yahoo mobile messenger and see how it goes. If not, will try mig33.

Cheers,
Keith

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Welcome back Keith! :) Its been ages since we saw you!!! :)

And SE phones are supported by Airtel. Just use Mig33/IM+ as the IM client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom