Got a Fone Yesterday <6630>

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
HI fellas, finally got the fone <6630> today, er... yesterday.
Got it from S.H.Mumtazzuddin. Had to shell 11.55k.
Its the new and updated packaging that the fone came in. Now it contains 128 reduced mmc plus Yahoo Go! Pre-installed.
Atlast!.. i broke free from the restrictions imposed by the stupid sek750i!
Btw.. nw i wanna kno wat all softyy sud i install to enjoy all athe features of 6630.
How can i activate gprs in BSNL Lifelong Prepaid.. and watz the tarif?
Thanking u fellas in advance.

P.S. Its today dat i came to kno dat i.ve got the highest in my mock tests! (Physics adn Computers (100%).
Plus i ve impressed my interviewing oard at NIIT and have won a Scholarship.. Yippeee....
Plus today there is this Teachers day Celebration in our School... big time!
<My im not feeling so well.. having a little fever... got totally drenched in rain yest.>

K

krazyfrog

Even i'm gonna upgrade from year old N-Gage QD to the nokia 6630. I hear its a very nice phone. Although i don't have enough info on it. Could you tell me more about it? Also how's the music playback on the 6630 compared to your old k750i? Also is the loudspeaker loud enough? Also tell me more about the stuff provided with the phone and the preinstalled apps.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO sound isn't so great in 6630 as compared to SE phones and falls a bit behind in camera too. But, besides that 6630 is a really nice phone best thing about it is the fast processor. This phone is real value for money that you pay. And, nothing can beat symbian on phones as far as extendibility is concerned. Symbian has mind boggling no. of apps.
Also, AFAICR it's firmware can be updated OTA and a data cable is included with the phone.

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
well.. 6630,6681a dn evrn 6680 r all having the same ammount of ram.
Its really fast... but i wanna kno a few things...

1. Y does the 'c' drive keeps on filling itself... ?
2. When i have uninstalled any app... is it safe to delete the residual folder...?
3. when i have already deleted any pic, is it safe 2 delete its thumbnails wid da help of FExplorer?
4.HOw can i defrag my M.Card?
6.hOW to take back up of all the pre installed apps?
7. how do i protect the cam lens.. as it aint havin any slider... and da lens is all exposed...

now @krazy frog
it came with a 128M MMC, PREinstalled with yahoo go and quick office.
Got adobe Photoshop Album 10.
Got BETR sOund dan K750I.. AND I MEAN IT..
louder dan k750i
betr fotos dan k750i.. i'll post both photos...
Betr playbak dan 750i (audio+video)

Now u can get k750i only for 10K... and this is the latest price....

6630 is havin the lstest firmware.. 6.sumthin

paul_007

Padawan
akuCRACKER said:
1. Y does the 'c' drive keeps on filling itself... ?
2. When i have uninstalled any app... is it safe to delete the residual folder...?
3. when i have already deleted any pic, is it safe 2 delete its thumbnails wid da help of FExplorer?
4.HOw can i defrag my M.Card?
6.hOW to take back up of all the pre installed apps?
7. how do i protect the cam lens.. as it aint havin any slider... and da lens is all exposed...

ans 1) no C drive does not fill by itself , it may be because u r having mms which are are stored automatically in C drive

ans 2) yes u can delete residual folders

ans 3) yes u can delete its thumbnails, these r automatically created once u access the folder containing images

ans 4) u can defrag ur memory card by disk defragmenter provided with XP , but u need a memory card reader , simply put the card in card reader and plug it in USB port , a new drive wud b created,when u start defragmenter this drive wud b in the list

ans 6(question 5 is missing :)) ) to backup memory card simply copy all the contents of memory card to ur PC hard disk by using memory card reader

ans 7) u dont worry about camera lens ,the actual lens is present inside the outer cover so lens surface is totally safe

mehulved

I think back up option of PC suite also backs up installed apps. I am not 100% sure, nither can I test it out. But, you can just check up somewhere.

K

krazyfrog

So which according to you guys are the must-have apps that a guy should have in his s60 phone?

mehulved

A File Manager is the must, I like FExplorer. I also need MsvDrive to transfer huge songs and videos which won't fit 4.5MB free space on my 3230.
Besides, just whatever apps you like, I mostly have filled up my cell with lots of games and songs and comparatively few softwares like FSCaller, InstantMe, DVD Player and QuickOffice. Also, a few codecs for multimedia playback.

tech_your_future said:
I think back up option of PC suite also backs up installed apps. I am not 100% sure, nither can I test it out. But, you can just check up somewhere.

no pcsuite doesn't backup installed apps
for this u need a card reader..and copy ur system folder from ur mmc card!
it might be hidden...check out ur folder properties !
and for backup of ur ph memory..copy system folder and paste it in ur mmc card and then copy to ur pc via card reader!

K

krazyfrog

How much does the Nokia audio adaptor for Nokia 6630 cost in mumbai? Also does it make a big difference in sound quality in the 6630 (compared to the standard headset) as it does in the N Series or as in some S40 phones? Does the volume output decrease if you use larger headphones with it?

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
guyz... now it even comes with the latest firmware... i.e. 6. sumthin..

Last edited:
akuCRACKER said:
guyz... now it even comes with the latest firmware... i.e. 6. sumthin..

u cant buy each and every software because it gonna cost u more thn the cost of the ph u owns !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom