GOOWY: Your Online Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Was browsing Web 2.0 (see, what is Web 2.0)world... found a cool service called GOOWY via tWiT // Jake's Tech-Log...

GOOWY
is a new free Web 2.0 application, offers an abundance of desktop tools accessable from almost any computer including email, contact book, calendar, games, and widgets. Each account is assigned a virtual online desktop (Interface = Flash/AJAX) with a 2GB @goowy.com email address, POP mail client, RSS reader, and many fun, time-consuming Flash games.
An integrated IM client (similar to Meebo) and free file storage are in the website’s near future.

It can also import all your Mails/Address ooks from all popolar services.

Version 2 of Goowy is a free Web 2.0 application available to the public.

Post Source: GOOWY // Via Jake's Tech-Log
My QucikReview: ...definately worth a try... i liked its desktop like feel/enviroment... as compared to other similar stuff like Microsoft Live etc... Goowy looks promosing and gives a feel and touch of a desktop ;) ... but still, the mail import system from Yahoo! / Gmail doesn't seem working... :( ... Web 2.0/AJAX is the thing!!!

aadipa

Padawan
Yeah, I also tried it... Got the link when I was searching for AJAX.. that site goes to Web 2.0 and GOOWY as one of the example.

Idea is very good... but interface is bit heavy for me.

mario_pant

In the zone
rajkumar_personal said:
HAS web 2.0 been opened to public for use ???

dont mistake web 2.0 for internet2...
web 2.0 is only new stuff replacing the old trendz of the necessities of the internet.....

iinfi

mekalodu
the page is not opening on my PC for some reason. btw is it something like Office Live by MS

OP
ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
rajkumar_personal said:
Can I have the complete details and info about web 2.0 and Internet 2 ??
A comprehensive guide is enough!

Raj, this article by Tim O'Reilly gives details about Web 2.0. And, Here's the Internet2 Homepage

vij26

Broken In
Nice idea!
But I still prefer Google Personal and live.com.
Well I don't know y but somehow I feel safer with Google and M$
I only play the Arcade games on Goowy :D :D :D

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Hey,

Web 2.0 and AJAX is the next in thing and probably the future. I am personally researching the subject.

Check out a Web 2.0 n AJAX (without X) free file hosting website
*www.streamupload.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom