Google your name

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Just enter your full name in quotes on google and hit search.find out how famous you {or atleast your namesakes} are!!

I am a well-established doc. in NZ!!!:p

shashank4u

Youngling
google recommends me to see "shawshank redemption" so i had to watch it,a superb movie..though my website comes on the second page of google results for my name

praka123

left this forum longback
[SIZE=-1]Results of about 547 for praka123
and my real name(full name) returns [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Results of about 426.:grin:
obviously all are regarding Linux and Open Source mainly
so this googirl is spying me!
[/SIZE]

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I hope you guys realise that having more search results to your credit on Google is not exactly a good thing?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, it is easier to track you. You have lesser privacy.

An example: I know that software piracy is not taken very seriously in India but what if the Government one day decides that they are going to punish software pirates. Well, all they would have to do is search for your name and there would be a blog post by you, right on the first page of Google, advocating piracy and giving a detailed account of all the stuff you've downloaded thus far. Makes the job a tad easier for them, don't you think?

Putting your name on Google's search results is a very easy job. All you have to do is sign up on public forums with your name and the number of search results will keep piling up. But the point is, do you want that to happen?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aryayush said:

An example: I know that software piracy is not taken very seriously in India but what if the Government one day decides that they are going to punish software pirates. Well, all they would have to do is search for your name and there would be a blog post by you, right on the first page of Google, advocating piracy and giving a detailed account of all the stuff you've downloaded thus far. Makes the job a tad easier for them, don't you think?

Putting your name on Google's search results is a very easy job. All you have to do is sign up on public forums with your name and the number of search results will keep piling up. But the point is, do you want that to happen?
well that applies to only section of people!
not me
i am towards anti-piracy in software:cool:

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
aryayush said:
you need to take care when you are online.And what if anyone traces me..I am not selling any xxx stuff. Lozzzz

This is never gonna happen.Even people in US do piracy, and download software from torrents and other P2P.If you care so much,than hide your identity while doing any cyber crime.And I don't use any pirated software...And for this reason only I am not able to use vista . But for sure I will use vista one day.I am saving some money every month......I may buy little earlier if I earn something from my hosting company..or Microsoft give me another trail DVD.

This is not as easy as you are thinking. SEO is tough job....and even some people charge for SEO.getting your name is not enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom