Google Web Page Editor BETA- What you see is what you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejvyas

Broken In
Google has launched their own WYSIWYG webpage editor as Chris Sherman from SEW reports. It looks easy enough to use and works equally well on both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This new tool would be great for anybody who doesn't know HTML — but for those who do it can be quite frustrating. One addition that would be nice is an advanced mode which allows some HTML editing to be done or FTP access to upload your own HTML files for more control.

The goal of this project is to give users the tools to create relatively static pages rather than ones that are frequently updated — like blogger. There are people who could use a service like this but I think it's still a bit too complicated and will not pass the "Mom" test. If it does actually take off, the next logical step would be to offer domain registration and DNS services so people can hook up a domain to their brand new webpage.

Update:
On second glance, it looks as though you are able to upload files to the service — including HTML files. Even so, it would still be nice to see FTP access in the future.

Source: *blogs.zdnet.com/Google/index.php?p=112

abhinav

Journeyman
They are competing with Yahoo! then MSN then actually every damn big company.

I was thinking when will they copy my company's Ideas :wink:

sakumar79

Technomancer
I tried it and wasnt very impressed... It is made for laymen only... Any knowledge of HTML seems to go to waste there... Merely wanted to create a basic page and redirect it to my already existing website, but without access to META tags, I was unable to do so...

And as has been posted, uploading one file at a time will be really painful... For instance, to create photo gallery...

Arun

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Whenever i log into Google Pages...i get this:

Google Page Creator is having a little trouble right now.
This is not because of anything you did; it's just a little hiccup in our system that will hopefully go away soon. We apologize for the inconvenience, and recommend you try reloading this page.

If my account was not activated it should take me to Add your e-mail to waiting list page but it is not!

Actually my account was activated for it but due to some error it is not working on my primary account!

Bad Google!

working fine with me...didnt getting enough time to build it...as wht i want....but i can preview how it comes
*neerajvohra1.googlepages.com/

they give 100mb space...but only u cant choose the name by urself...it will be like ur name.googlepages.com

neway google keep exploring new things....

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I got mine but i got no idea wat to do with tht domain. Lol i may just use it for uploading files and dump rapidshare for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom