Google Updates Page Ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Google is actively in the process of updating Page Ranks. A lot of popular sites have lost PR:

www.engadget.com - from 7 to 5
www.autoblog.com - from 6 to 4
www.problogger.net - from 6 to 4
www.copyblogger.com - from 6 to 4
www.searchenginejournal.com - from 7 to 4
www.quickonlinetips.com - from 6 to 3
www.seroundtable.com - from 7 to 4
www.blogherald.com - from 6 to 4
www.weblogtoolscollection.com - from 6 to 4
www.johntp.com - from 6 to 4
www.washingtonpost.com- from 7 to 5
www.washingtontimes.com - from 6 to 4
www.forbes.com - from 7 to 5
www.sfgate.com - from 7 to 5
*seattletimes.nwsource.com - from 6 to 4

Article.

BUT you guys may be happy to know that my 5 months old www.winvistaclub.com has just had its PR updated from 0 to 4 :D

have any bloggers here had their PR's updated ?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Mine is stagnant at PR 4. No change, but in the PR update before this, it slipped from PR 5 to PR 4.

I don't care abt PR sh*t. Least bothered. In fact to post here in this thread, I checked mine now.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ And you don't need to care about it coz your site already rocks. ;)

And Congrats Anand. My Website "AskVG.com" has PR3. I think its not bad. Its just 1 month old. :)

*www.AskVG.com/

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Hehehe.. thank you. In reality, that's not the case. IMO, PR should not matter to you because of some XYZ reason, not because your site rocks. :D

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
actually even i dont bother about PR or alexa. these both can also be manipulated upto a degree. but they r there so we take cogniznce. like alexa there is also 'compete'. having a higher pr helps in searches, i believe.

and congrats choto and cheeta. this time googles pr update was delayed by over 2 months, otherwise its usually held every 3 months. u guys can xpect PR6 in the next pr update ;-)

blackpearl

The Devil
Google PR is bullsh1t!! The main factor upon which PR depends is how many sites link to that particular site, and what are the PRs of the linking site.

Going by that principle a popular site should have high PR. Well, Youtube's PR is 3. A site like youtube that has 1000s of inbound links has a PR of only 3!! And a stupid website like *www.something.com has a PR 5.

Now you decide whether PR has any value?

BTW, thinkdigit.com's PR dropped to 5 from 6. :))

ahref

In the zone
My blog *www.helloashok.com/ PR4 no change
My hosting site *www.ewebguru.com/ pr dropped from 4 to 3, previously it was PR5
My new directory *www.ewebguru.net/ jumped from PR 0 to PR 3

PR has only value when you are selling link, otherwise PR does not have much effect in search engine ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom