Google to launch PCs for Rs. 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Version 2.0
Christmas is near and you can expect a cool gift from Santa (Google) this time. Google is planning to launch PCs for markets in India and China. According to the report by India’s leading newspaper, Hindustan Times, (Report not available online) Google will be launching the PCs with California based Wyse technology.

The PCs won’t have CPU; they will be bundled with Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor. The PC will connect to the hosted system on their server and the remote OS will manage storage and functioning of the PC. This will keep PC away from virus and also provide secure solution for storage of the user data.

The PC will run on software created by Google; hardware and other technicalities will be managed by Wyse technology.

The PCs will be available for Rs. 9,000 (INR) i.e. approximately $200

This opens door for much talked Google OS, GBrowser and Google’s office application.

Source: TechBulletin

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
Nothing is out, it will have mini chip kind of thing but main thing will be controlled by remote based application on their server...

Deep

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
shwetanshu said:
hmmm. but ot use it, a high speed net connection wil be required... right???

yes and that's why I call it as a bad idea to launch it in India...

iinfi

mekalodu
may be google mite launch a Wi-Max initiative in India to support this. High speed internet free to all like san francisco:d

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Deep said:
Nothing is out, it will have mini chip kind of thing but main thing will be controlled by remote based application on their server...

Deep
:?: Hmm offering less control to the end user..

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm actually its a thin client...I still do not understand the purpose of this...

It will be helpful for the ones who are in the officies but for home users, its simply a bad idea

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
take my word...its a very bad idea..nobody will buy this pc. Coz sub 10k pcs are already available so why shd a pc that cant run windows or linux

ejvyas

Broken In
Something to conflict

Google denies plans to build low-cost PC
'We see no need to enter that market,' says a Google official

*inwww.rediff.com/newshound/showart...dware/story/0,10801,107449,00.html?source=x10

Source: www.computerworld.com

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
the problem with google always denies these things and in the end comes up with it..

so lets wait and watch..

Deep

R

rb210

Google has denied rumors of a low-cost PC that have been circulating since an LA Times article quoted sources saying the search giant was close to a deal with Wal-Mart and other retailers to sell a budget PC with the Google name.

While a spokesperson from Wal-Mart also denied the story's claims, the real comments of interest came from a Google spokeswoman who quickly put down the rumors that Google was in fact entering the PC market, calling the reports "completely untrue" and the company "would prefer to work with its existing partners on PCs." Further questions about Google's future hardware ventures went without comment.

Source: silicon.com

I think that's that!

rajas700

Youngling
Deep said:

Deep

But i think google change the idea of mini chip from this to another.........

OP
Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
some more speculations that google will announce it today at CES in las vegas...

I have written short post about speculations from google here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom