Google talk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
Hello friends,

By mistake i pressed CTRL+V in google talk display and all my contacts got invisible. i dint knew what to do that time so i uninstall google talk and then try to downlaod the EXE file from google site. now that exe file is not downloading properly and unable to insetall google talk. kindly help me with this and is their any other messeger where i can use google talk.

I am able to use google talk through gmail which i dont want to use.

Thanks & Regards

Kunal.

legolas

Padawan
after you uninstall gtalk, if you try to install it again, it gave installation problem for me too.
go to program files -> google -> shift+delete the google talk directory and now run the installer again, it will work.

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
after you uninstall gtalk, if you try to install it again, it gave installation problem for me too.
go to program files -> google -> shift+delete the google talk directory and now run the installer again, it will work.

I did that but still same problem. i have attached the file how it looks after downloading.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
did u dl it with firefox?
just copy paste the file location from the dl history page under properties of the file nd paste it to new tab nd hit enter.
nd it ll re-dl the file and the exe will become usable.
It happens to me in firefox while dling mosy .exe files....it gives a useless file nd the re-dl just takes one sec the the exe will be usable.

legolas

Padawan
you mean you can not download it??
then I have zipped it and uploaded here. try getting this.
*rapidshare.com/files/101996494/googletalk-setup.zip.html

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
did u dl it with firefox?
just copy paste the file location from the dl history page under properties of the file nd paste it to new tab nd hit enter.
nd it ll re-dl the file and the exe will become usable.
It happens to me in firefox while dling mosy .exe files....it gives a useless file nd the re-dl just takes one sec the the exe will be usable.

nope i dint do from firefox

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
you mean you can not download it??
then I have zipped it and uploaded here. try getting this.
*rapidshare.com/files/101996494/googletalk-setup.zip.html

i was able to download

i have attached the file and i have point out how it looks after downloading

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
so, it was a currupt download file...this happens with most exe.
nyway i was thinking it as a bug of firefox...now another browser has same problem.
which browser did u use?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
i wonder why its not happening with ny other kinda files???only exe files..
and opera is gud at it...i use opera to dl exe files coz firefox may sometimes result in dumb files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom