Google Snatches Up YouTube for $1.65B

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Youngling
The founders of YouTube Inc. built this year's standout Web phenomenon by figuring out how to make online video sharing easier than ever. What they hadn't yet figured out was making money from their site. Google Inc. took that problem off their hands Monday, by agreeing to buy the site for $1.65 billion.

"This is the next step in the evolution of the Internet," Google Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt said during a conference call Monday.

Source:*www.latimes.com/technology/ats-ap_...?coll=sns-ap-toptechnology&ctrack=1&cset=true

Fastlove

Broken In
1.Cause this way they get a very big part of the market in their backyard. Google video didn't have the market success that YouTube had.
2. Because they have the money to buy it :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@SabretOOthe, I have already posted the news Click here

Your's is old news now!! Have a look at what's being already posted before posting any news!!

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
JGuru said:
@SabretOOthe, I have already posted the news Click here

Your's is old news now!! Have a look at what's being already posted before posting any news!!

hey bro dont get so angry...I have seen ur post but u said google is all set to buy YouTube Inc. and so was ms and others as well.I had posted that google snatched YouTube Inc. from the competition.

Fastlove

Broken In
hard_rock said:
Then dint the work, energy and money invested to develop Google Video got wasted????

Well, they tried it, cause it really was a nice ideea, but the competition proved to be better. So instead of fighting for a half-dead project, better buy up the competition and start making real money.

Seems like a good strategy to me ;)

altimate

Broken In
Lets hope google coms up with dacombination of the features of utube and google videos and in the end we would b benefitted..................

Fastlove

Broken In
I'm afraid that Google will have a more restrictive policy of the content of submissions and this way, one of the biggest archives of short movies will go to hell :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom