Google Attacked by Hackers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Once in a while, Google is affected by some security flaws that allow attackers to exploit them and harm some of the company's services. This time, the product affected by the
vulnerability was the Official Google Mac Blog that was successfully exploited by a user to post a message, although his access was blocked. Under the title “Yo!”, the member Vishal posted the following message: “Yo! This is crazy.. I tried to register this and I could! ”. The search giant's official didn't describe the vulnerability and quickly removed the blog post, but the screenshots with the message are published on the Internet. The blog post was available straight on the Mac page or through Google Reader, the company's product that allows users to read latest headlines using RSS feeds.

In the past, Google was affected by a similar attack, the official blog of the company publishing a fake message that announced the delay of the Click-to-Call project. Although Google's engineers are struggling to improve the security of the products, some of them are affected by more or less critical vulnerabilities.

Gmail was one of the most important Google services affected by security flaws because the product allowed unauthorized access to some of the users' accounts. At that time, some attackers were able to read private messages received by certain Gmail clients using a vulnerability in the mail service. Although the company patched it quickly, it proved us the Mountain View firm is also vulnerable to Internet attacks. The vulnerability mania was continued by other flaws identified in Google Notebook, Docs & Spreadsheets and some other services designed by the company. I admit some of them are really unimportant but it's obvious that your private data stored in Google's products might be viewed by malicious attackers using hidden flaws.
Source

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This is so unfair. I have subscribed to the RSS feed of the official Google Mac blog but I never saw that entry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom