Google Apps - Masking URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi,
I have a domain name mydomain.com . I have signed up for Google Apps for my domain.I have changed the Required MX Records and successfully activated email services for my domain name.

Now I have changed CNAME Records so typing mail.mydomain.compoints to my email. However mail.mydomian.com gets redirected to *www.google.com/a/mydomain.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fa%2Fmydomain.com%2F&bsv=1k96igf4806cy&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2

Is there anyway to MASK the actual url so that typing mail.mydomain.com does not get replaced by the above link, that is to mask it such that it only displays mail.mydomain.com

Thank You

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
it is not possible AFAIK ;)

( to be more technical, you can mask using cname records but then there cannot be mx records for domain names with cname records and mails wont be delivered :p )

but you can change the google logo on the top left with your own :D

_

Last edited:
OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thank you for your Reply.
Yes, I know we can change the google logo, But I have read somewhere that we can mask url.
Long ago, I had a .co.cc domain name, I could mask the original url to which .co.cc redirected.
But now i have a TLD and unable to find an option to mask url.AFAIK There is some java or PHP Script used to do this.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
i added some info in my post but u replied fast :D

btw I'm not sure abt jscript and php solutions as you have to host them somewhere..

_

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
okay ,but anyways it redirects to *www.google.com/a/mydomain.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&co ntinue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fa%2Fmydomain .com%2F&bsv=1k96igf4806cy&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache =2
SO,CAN WE directly mask the redirect?
No problem in hosting a script Since i can host any script as i have unlimited space and bandwidth .( *hostmonster.com)
So if you know any script,please do reply. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom