Google Admits Desktop Security Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntp

Broken In
Businesses have been warned by research company Gartner that the latest Google Desktop Beta has an “unacceptable security risk,” and Google agrees.

On Feb. 9, Google unveiled Google Desktop 3, a free, downloadable program that includes an option to let users search across multiple computers for files. To do that, the application automatically stores copies of files, for up to a month, on Google servers. From there, copies are transferred to the user’s other computers for archiving. The data is encrypted in transmission and while stored on Google servers.

Source: *www.technobytez.com/

shaan_iam

Right off the assembly line
IT IS really A good ,,,,,,,frightning news .

AS we beleive too much on gooogle products,,,
it has really give a ten sion on us and to rethink on google idelogies[/img]

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
already posted by me a few days back i latest news although MODS shifted it to reviews
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...t=&PHPSESSID=4e402e0d56b5d12beda9a91ccae0216f

mario_pant

In the zone
google has started scare me lately.....
i was happy with their search and email..... but now all i can see is GOOGLE evrywhere..... even the globe is stamped with a "google" sign now... (look with g-earth)!

google is just growing and i think in the future google will dictate the fourth world ie. "The" internet! *faints*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom