Good Web Hosting Services please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyotibasu

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
If any of you have experience with some web hosting providers, can you please suggest some good hosting providers for me.

The minimum feature set i'm looking at is...

Full CGI Access and Server Side Includes
PHP/Perl/MySQL
Access to Raw Log files or some detailed stats reporting software
A few POP3 or IMAP Email Accounts
FTP upload is a must
Good Speed and reliability
Ability to add subdomains and maintain a mailing list (Not absolutely essential)
The more control i have the better

Webspace - not more than 50-100 MB
Bandwidth - 500MB - 1GB/month

An Indian Provider would be good. The cost preferably not exceeding Rs.1500/yr [obviously lesser is preferred :) ].

Also if any of you have some good reseller plans to suggest, it would be great.

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Basu

Kannan

In the zone
I am a customer of Sprite Host for the past 2 years.

One of the best and cheapest host I have ever come.

One of the major highlight is that they give Custom Hosting Plans with discounts and their support is damm good.

OP
J

Jyotibasu

Right off the assembly line
Thanks

Thanks for all the replies...

Cheetah : I looked through the Rediff offer and found that it wasn't good compared to a lot of other offerings. A bit too expensive for not too many features.

GoDaddy Seems good - in the lines of what i asked.

Kannan : SpriteHost looks very good. I was doing quite a bit of research regarding hosts and didn't come up against this. Thanks for the link.

aditya : Thanks a lot. Waiting for the info.

OK. Now on what i found out.

There are a couple of good hosting providers if the budget can be upped quite a bit.

mediatemple.net and dreamhost.com are very good according to quite a few influential people in the web-design community.
For the increased price ($8/month) mediatemple offers hosting 5 websites in one account. (A major plus for a web designer so that he can host his client websites). There is also a 20 website plan at $15/month.
Dreamhost offers 3 websites in one account and has some cool referral plans. (again $8/month on a 2 year pre-payment).

There were quite a few other good ones also. I would compile a list and post it later with the features. I searched the forum and couldn't find this info, hope it will be useful.

regards.
Jyoti Basu
[/url]

Kannan

In the zone
For my website I am paying Rs. 350 /- for domain registration / renewal for one year.

For hosting I am paying Rs. 950 /- for one year.

My Hosting Plan is of Custom type and is,

Space: 100 MB
Bandwidth: 2 GB / month
Unlimited MySql
Unlimited POP Mail accounts
I use mainly PHP Script
Pre configured scripts are available
Free Phone Support

The aspects which I like most are the following,
Loading speed of the website.
Almost 0 down time.
Almost immediated support through phone.
Custom hosting plan.

techiways

Broken In
Checkout www.launch.co.in

India's (possibly asia's) lowest priced web hosting company. They offer an whopping 2500 mb space & 40 gb bandwidth for less than 300 rupees / month.

Not jus that, you also get 15 minutes support ticket guarntee, that means u r technical support email will be responded within 15 minutes, 24/7 days (including sunday's). It also offer's tollfree phone support with 15 days money back guarntee.

- Snake -

Broken In
there is a free web hosting service which will give you each of the above mentioned facility but with a subdomain. I use it and I am happy.

*www.easyhost4all.info/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom